Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 11:45 am

I really hate having all this quiteness going on in a room. I have either music playing to fill the room with music, or to talk continusly to my self just to drive silence away. At night I have to have both a ceiling fan going and my laptop playing soft sweet music to fall asleep. Currently I've been taking sleeping pills to get me sleep because without them I stay up all night long. Maybe I stay up all night long because I haven't been doing anything physcial in a long time. How about you all?

danlo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 11:51 am

Yep, you are the only one! No, not really. So long as there is something to stimulate the visual cortex, I'm fine. In the absence of anything, I like to just blast to music. Bloody loud music, too.

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 2:49 pm

Do I like quietness in a room? That's really hard to say, given that it depends on the situation at hand. I've never found myself turning on a lot of devices to make noise. That's for sure, but I also can't stand boredom. I have to be doing something. And when I'm doing something that requires a lot of concentration, I don't like a lot of noise around. It's not something that I've really thought about much, really.

- Ray M -

Silver_Shadow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Apr 2006, 2:52 pm

Sometimes i think music is alright but i generaly enjoy silence.
I only play music for about 1/2 hour per week, the rest is silence.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 3:12 pm

I absolutely can't stand silence.
I always have music playing.
It proberbly has to do with age alot.
Old people love silence, while young people can't stand it.
Ofcourse every person is different.

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 3:32 pm

Depends on what the situation is because there really is not too many environments where there is complete silence. So, I like quiet but need to have the TV on low or something as white noise because lots of little noises are distracting. One nice thing is when the elctricity goes out in the neighborhood there is this strange sense of quiet that I like. Natural sounds like rain or the wind through the trees are calming.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 4:15 pm

I like things quiet but not silent. Radio on low.In the car sometimes I wont even turn on the radio just listen to the tires on the road and the engine. I cant stand realy niosy places becuse of central audio processing disorder.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 5:17 pm

I do not know the concept of silence anymore :?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 5:43 pm

Silence can be very nice indeed a lot of the time. But not always.

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 9:57 pm

parts wrote:
I cant stand realy niosy places becuse of central audio processing disorder.

Same here and I can't stand noisy places either. Lot's of people talking at the same time (like in a store or restaurant) really bothers me too. I usually try to avoid it when I can.

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2006, 10:15 pm

I can't stand complete silence, I find it too confronting. When I'm doing homework, Ill have the T.V running quietly. And when I'm at school working I like the quiet noises of 10 different conversations that I cant understand going. I suppose it makes me feel like I'm part of an living world (if that makes sense).

Ruvil
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Apr 2006, 4:40 am

I cant sleep without the sound of my computer :/ I tried to shut it down one night but then i couldnt sleep so i had to turn it on again. And guess what? I could sleep when i turned it on :)
But i cant stand very noisy places either, like in school and so.

TigerFire wrote:
I really hate having all this quiteness going on in a room. I have either music playing to fill the room with music, or to talk continusly to my self just to drive silence away. At night I have to have both a ceiling fan going and my laptop playing soft sweet music to fall asleep. Currently I've been taking sleeping pills to get me sleep because without them I stay up all night long. Maybe I stay up all night long because I haven't been doing anything physcial in a long time. How about you all?

moomin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2006, 9:21 am

it depends really, i like music on a lot but i also like silence. Right this minute i have no music on and all i can hear is the hum of my comp and cars passing every now and again. If i'm trying to concentrate i need quiet- also if i am trying to sleep.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2006, 10:01 am

I don't hate silence.

Silence is golden!

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2006, 7:02 pm

the only time that i can do silence is before i go to sleep. there might be silence to myears but i think about things imagine things and daydream b4 i sleep so my brian is still active. i work in ashop where music is played through the day but sometimes i work late and the music is off. i start tappin on my legs drumming or singing out or both to get rid of silence.

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2006, 7:03 pm

oh, and when i ride my bike to and from work i have an mp3 player to plau music that i sing along with