Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

rainbow_warrior
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm

i find it really hard to make friends. i moved to a new school about a year and a half ago. I made friends with a small group of girls. But after six months or so a few of them decided that they didnt like me and started being horrible to me. But now i'm in dfferent classes and its a lot better, but i just find that i'm way too shy with everyone!! i have one or two close friends and quite a few people that i can talk to but when i'm not in their classes or not sitting with them, i find that i dont say anything atall!! i feel like everyone thinks i'm really weird because i never really talk!! i feel so alone and wondered if any of you are like that too??
The other thing is though, im not at all happy not talking(it would be fine if i was!!) and when i'm with my friends out of school, at my youth group etc. who i know well and feel comfortable with, i talk a lot and can be my mad self, and have no trouble with it at all!! ! i dont know how to think of things to say!!
The very last thing(i promise) is whether or not i should get back in touch with my friends from my old school. I bumped into some of my best friends from there a few months ago, so we got in touch again through facebook and she suggested meeting up. I said yes and suggested a date, she couldnt make it but said that we should definately meet up another time. the thing is though, this was nearly a month ago and she has made no contact since, so i dont know what this means? is she trying to say thaty she doesnt want to see me?? or is she waiting for me to talk to her??
sorry for the long post, but im really confused!! thanks for reading :)

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 8:12 pm

If you see someone you know outside of class, like in the hallways, feel free to smile and say hi to them. I know it's difficult getting out of your shell at first, but do it slowly. Make a goal that you will greet one person you know a day, and when you feel comfortable, expand this into two, a few, and then everyone you know.

As for your friend, she likely has tons of other things on her mind and has simply forgotten about meeting up. This does not mean she doesn't care about you, since she seemed positive taht she wanted to do it. This would be a good opportunity to message her and ask "Are you still up for hanging out?".

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

rainbow_warrior
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Nov 2011, 6:26 pm

thank you, that really helped!!