London meet-up Wednesday 4th April 12 noon Trafalgar Sq

Page 3 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 5:12 pm

The-Raven wrote:
smudge wrote:
Mind if I come? Sorry I deleted a load of people off Facebook. It's nothing personal - I usually delete people who I don't speak to very often.

I have a different face book now anyway, I think you might have deleted your fb before I joined the first time, cant remember, I delete my fb every other day, emo aspies eh?

of course you can come, you can marvel at my gigantic stomach!

Laz might come so no fighting ok :lol:

Me too. I only have a handful of people on my list. Can I bring one or two people?

LittleBlackCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2012, 6:18 pm

I probably won't be able to come as it's the school holidays and my husband works during the week so I won't have anyone to look after my daughter :( Hope you have a good time though.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 11:15 am

smudge wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
smudge wrote:
Mind if I come? Sorry I deleted a load of people off Facebook. It's nothing personal - I usually delete people who I don't speak to very often.

I have a different face book now anyway, I think you might have deleted your fb before I joined the first time, cant remember, I delete my fb every other day, emo aspies eh?

of course you can come, you can marvel at my gigantic stomach!

Laz might come so no fighting ok :lol:

Me too. I only have a handful of people on my list. Can I bring one or two people?

bring as many people as you like, feel free to invite people to the event on fb as well :sunny:

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 11:18 am

LittleBlackCat wrote:
I probably won't be able to come as it's the school holidays and my husband works during the week so I won't have anyone to look after my daughter :( Hope you have a good time though.

I expect any future ones will be on a better day for you, Im doing it in the holiday as its the only time Ive got child care.

I wont be doing another one as Im about to have another baby, so its a last one before he is born, but I expect other people will do the meet ups on Saturdays and you will be able to come along and have fun :D

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 9:37 pm

The-Raven wrote:
gemstone123 wrote:
Another girl might come. I don't know her but someone else I know mentioned it to me.

very mysterious . . .

Yeah I wasn't even told what her name is haha.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Anomalia21
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Mar 2012, 4:55 pm

I'd like to come, i missed the last one for work, but during the week i shouldn't have problems.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2012, 5:04 pm

Anomalia21 wrote:
I'd like to come, i missed the last one for work, but during the week i shouldn't have problems.

Thats fantastic! :sunny:

cant wait to meet you!

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 10:06 am

Just thought that if we're gonna be in that pub I should save a few quid. They seemed to cheapish food as well when I was there. Saves me bringing a packed lunch hehe. :P

Ivan_AG
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Mar 2012, 3:00 pm

I can definitely make it but I'm afraid I'm a bit too young for this.

I'm of legal age to drink but I feel like most people coming along will be much older than me and it would be awkward.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 8:36 am

Ivan_AG wrote:

I'm of legal age to drink but I feel like most people coming along will be much older than me and it would be awkward.

My boyfriend might come who's 20, and I think gemstone is around that age too.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 8:51 am

smudge wrote:
Ivan_AG wrote:

My boyfriend might come who's 20, and I think gemstone is around that age too.

yeah, I will probably be the oldest so dont worry, I think most people who are coming are in their very early 20s. In all the meet ups I have been to, Ive not found age to make any difference to how people got along, I think personality and interests are more salient.

anyway your very welcome to come :D

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 11:28 am

Yeah you should still come I'm only 19 years old! Besides age don't matter that much at these things. :D

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 11:31 am

There's so many people I'd like to meet but you're all down there where I'm up here with the sheep and the countryside.

How much would it be for a northern monkey to come down?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 11:53 am

1) Look up the long distance train company you would use, and sign up to their newsletters. They will let you know about advance tickets and the really cheap ones are 3 months in advance. I've bought a single to Preston for about £12 before.

2) Otherwise, type in your journey on the website and select the cheapest option. They tend to be the ones at odd hours.

3) If you have a young persons railcard - use that and you get a 1/3 off.

4) Sometimes it's cheaper to buy tickets where you have to swap trains along the journey.

5) It's usually better to buy singles as you get to choose the cheapest journey times both ways.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 12:04 pm

I'm sorry, but the cost of the hotels alone in London is quite frankly demented.

I'm going to Berlin next month for three days. Cost of a four-star hotel and flights (inc. one bag) for two? £250. The equivalent hotels in London cost £100+ a night alone (I paid £33 a night for the one in Berlin)! A three day break in London would cost nearer £450 for the same thing, and that's without all the stress of the London transport system.

Ouch. I'd really love to come but I'm up against this block, if you will.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2012, 12:20 pm

Tequila wrote:
I'm sorry, but the cost of the hotels alone in London is quite frankly demented.

I'm going to Berlin next month for three days. Cost of a four-star hotel and flights (inc. one bag) for two? £250. The equivalent hotels in London cost £100+ a night alone (I paid £33 a night for the one in Berlin)! A three day break in London would cost nearer £450 for the same thing, and that's without all the stress of the London transport system.

Ouch. I'd really love to come but I'm up against this block, if you will.

I knew you were going to say that. You only ask as if to make a point that you can never make it to these meetups. You don't even need to stay in a hotel.