Page 2 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 8:52 pm

Sundays, Mondays or Tuesdays work best for me ... and it doesn't really matter where we meet up - a pub might be a good idea.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 9:01 pm

I'm in Kingston, but I can't really get away to Toronto.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 11:02 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
Sundays, Mondays or Tuesdays work best for me ... and it doesn't really matter where we meet up - a pub might be a good idea.

Eh...I don't mind pubs, but some of them tend to trigger my noise sensitivity :? I'll endure it if it's minor, but if it's to the point where I'm not speaking, it's too much :?

Einsteinologist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Apr 2012, 1:18 pm

I'm definitely interested! Just sayin'.....
I'm keeping an eye on this thread, for sure! :)

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 7:01 am

What month is best for everybody?

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 10:15 am

July or August would be good.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 2:16 pm

I'm gonna be out of the country in July, so August is much better for me.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 2:32 pm

How about a Sunday in August? Plus we still have to vote on what we're doing.

Some of the ideas that were brought up:
-pub
-exploring around Toronto
-museums
-art gallery
-restaurant
-Any other ideas?

Everybody place a vote or suggest your own??

*I think it would be cool to just sit around a table with drinks in our own private room just getting to know each other and talking about issues that we have...it would be kind of hard to find a place with a private room though or a place that's quiet enough...I'd suggest a picnic but with the commuting and everything, most people probably have a bit to travel so it's probably not a good idea plus we'd have to lug around stuff

Do they have private rooms that you can book in libraries? We could like meet there and do an introduction, just talk a bit and then go and do something fun? I don't know, I'm just trying to come up with ideas.

Does anybody have any issues with the area or with any of these and if you do, would there be anything else that you can suggest?

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 3:30 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
How about a Sunday in August? Plus we still have to vote on what we're doing.

Some of the ideas that were brought up:
-pub
-exploring around Toronto
-museums
-art gallery
-restaurant
-Any other ideas?

Everybody place a vote or suggest your own??

*I think it would be cool to just sit around a table with drinks in our own private room just getting to know each other and talking about issues that we have...it would be kind of hard to find a place with a private room though or a place that's quiet enough...I'd suggest a picnic but with the commuting and everything, most people probably have a bit to travel so it's probably not a good idea plus we'd have to lug around stuff

Do they have private rooms that you can book in libraries? We could like meet there and do an introduction, just talk a bit and then go and do something fun? I don't know, I'm just trying to come up with ideas.

Does anybody have any issues with the area or with any of these and if you do, would there be anything else that you can suggest?

Sundays are out for me, otherwise, no troubles whatsoever!

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 8:14 pm

I don't know, thinking about it...the library idea sounds kind of lame to me now. haha We might as well meet up at a quiet restaurant or pub and then do something fun after.

If anyone knows anyone with Asperger's, autism or someone who thinks they have Asperger's then feel free to bring them also, the more the merrier. We have a long time to gather people together and plan everything out before August so that's good.

Midori
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2012, 10:25 pm

Hullo! I'm based out of the north end of the GTA, and this sounds like a great idea!

If I've followed the thread correctly, you want somewhere interesting, where everyone can sit down together but still have a bit of general privacy, correct?

Quote:
*I think it would be cool to just sit around a table with drinks in our own private room just getting to know each other and talking about issues that we have...it would be kind of hard to find a place with a private room though or a place that's quiet enough...I'd suggest a picnic but with the commuting and everything, most people probably have a bit to travel so it's probably not a good idea plus we'd have to lug around stuf

What about getting some coffees/drinks and chilling out in a local park- Trinity-Bellwoods comes to mind since its in such an artsy district.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 9:51 am

Midori wrote:
Hullo! I'm based out of the north end of the GTA, and this sounds like a great idea!

If I've followed the thread correctly, you want somewhere interesting, where everyone can sit down together but still have a bit of general privacy, correct?

Quote:
*I think it would be cool to just sit around a table with drinks in our own private room just getting to know each other and talking about issues that we have...it would be kind of hard to find a place with a private room though or a place that's quiet enough...I'd suggest a picnic but with the commuting and everything, most people probably have a bit to travel so it's probably not a good idea plus we'd have to lug around stuf

What about getting some coffees/drinks and chilling out in a local park- Trinity-Bellwoods comes to mind since its in such an artsy district.

That sounds like an awesome idea!

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2012, 10:12 am

Midori wrote:

Quote:

I haven't been there before, but I'm willing to explore it, sure!! Really good idea!!

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 9:50 am

That sounds like a nice idea!

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 10:33 am

Okay we should keep in touch and keep posting in this thread if something comes up or you have an idea. Then we can choose the exact day in August when it's closer to August.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2012, 11:19 am

There's a meetup for Aspergians in Ontario on meetup.com that you all might be interested in.