Page 3 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 11:41 am

I'm in. :D

Although ASComposer, I'm surprised you're up to coming down to Toronto, it's quite far for you.

And yeah, I like the idea of getting coffee/tea and then going to the park the best. Coffee shops aren't nearly as noisy as pubs, so we could always chat at the coffee shop a little before going to the park.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 9:08 pm

So who is still in or are we going to turn to meetup.com?

Or another idea, we could post a Wrong Planet meetup on meetup.com to attract other aspies from the GTA? At the same time it would be like advertising the website to aspies out there.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 7:06 pm

I suggest to just keep it forum-wide for now. Some people I know are intimidated by meetup.com because you have to create an account there and it's more like a social network than this forum. I suggest we do this sometime in August. I prefer to not throw out any dates as my schedule is often packed and I may choose the wrong dates (I tend to be unlucky that way) but if anyone else wants to throw out a date which works for you, you are welcome to do so and I'll put it in my agenda.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 7:19 pm

I'm in

nansnick
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 8:38 pm

Just thought I'd throw out that there is a group that already meets on occasion. (three actually, one in toronto, hamilton and niagara). They get together using meetup and facebook. For anyone interesting in meeting people in the area before august check them out:

Toronto: http://www.meetup.com/asc-toronto/
Hamilton: http://www.meetup.com/asc-hamilton/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Toronto ... ltNetwork/

:-)

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 3:52 pm

MathGirl wrote:
I'm in. :D

Although ASComposer, I'm surprised you're up to coming down to Toronto, it's quite far for you.

If it's for meeting new people, I don't mind as much. Plus, considering how spaced out all of us are geographically, Toronto seems to be the midpoint for everyone. The alternative would be to meet at the other towns everyone lives at, but some of us us wouldn't be able to necessarily get there :?

MathGirl wrote:
I suggest to just keep it forum-wide for now. Some people I know are intimidated by meetup.com because you have to create an account there and it's more like a social network than this forum. I suggest we do this sometime in August.

QFT, and I wasn't even going to revive this thread until then lol Good to see there's still interest :)

singularity
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2012, 8:24 am

I'd still like to come.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 12:19 am

So long as you posted in this thread with an interest to join us, you're still in :)

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 8:24 am

I'm definitely still in. Also, I'm free anytime in August. To the people who are in, what days are NOT good for you? Also...do you think we should all meet up at Union Station? I have no idea where everybody is coming from. I'm coming from the Durham Region.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 8:34 am

lostgirl1986 wrote:
I'm definitely still in. Also, I'm free anytime in August. To the people who are in, what days are NOT good for you? Also...do you think we should all meet up at Union Station? I have no idea where everybody is coming from. I'm coming from the Durham Region.

Mondays to Fridays are not good for me, especially if it's during the day. Friday night is okay, though.

I'm living in Toronto, so anywhere in the city is fine for me.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2012, 3:28 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:

Again, Sundays are really bad for me. Otherwise, unless something comes up, any day is fine for me. And yes, Union Station's probably best because almost all the transit systems have at least one form of transportation there and back.

viv
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jul 2012, 12:58 am

I would love to come, I won't be back in Toronto until January, but if there are any meetings after that I'm definately in.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 3:46 pm

Perhaps a Saturday would be the best, then. I will (possibly, if I don't get kicked out, lol) be volunteering at a camp during the weekdays, so either Saturday or Sunday would work for me. But I want to see ASComposer there so let's make it on a Saturday. I don't know what we could do at Union station... However, there is a park near College Station. Maybe we could meet at that station instead and then walk to the park?

EDIT: Or maybe we could meet at Union Station and travel together. I don't talk on the subways, though... it's too loud there so I either wear earplugs there or listen to music.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 4:31 pm

MathGirl wrote:
Perhaps a Saturday would be the best, then. I will (possibly, if I don't get kicked out, lol) be volunteering at a camp during the weekdays, so either Saturday or Sunday would work for me. But I want to see ASComposer there so let's make it on a Saturday. I don't know what we could do at Union station... However, there is a park near College Station. Maybe we could meet at that station instead and then walk to the park?

EDIT: Or maybe we could meet at Union Station and travel together. I don't talk on the subways, though... it's too loud there so I either wear earplugs there or listen to music.

It would probably be easier for me if we met at Union Station because I'm no good at finding my way around Toronto. haha

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 6:23 pm

Clearly not a lot of people from Ottawa on here. If I had still lived a 90 minute drive away from Toronto, I would consider it.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2012, 7:42 pm

aspiemike wrote:
Clearly not a lot of people from Ottawa on here. If I had still lived a 90 minute drive away from Toronto, I would consider it.

I'm from Ottawa but I've been in Kingston a little less than a decade now. Went to Glebe.