Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2006, 8:40 pm

...what others think of you?
...what others say about you when you're not looking?

As vain as it is, I like to know these things, even if it means having to be a detective sometime. I believe the only truth about how society percieves you is what society says when you're not around.

(but then, why should I worry about how society percieves me?...)

I remember one time running into two people I vaguely knew in the hall at my old school in RI, having a social encounter that was obviously forced on both ends, and rounding the corner, hearing, "Aaron... he's..." - As I don't remember exactly what they said about me behind my back (I imagine it wasn't too positive) I end the quote here.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Nov 2006, 8:56 pm

Yeah, unfortunately I still do, but only when it's somebody I was hoping to be friends with, or thought I was making some progress with. :?

Kineticosm
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2006, 9:21 pm

I don't really care, but I LOVE finding out things like that. I hate it when people keep secrets from me, I can't stand it. I become obsessed.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2006, 3:38 pm

My problem with secrets is that people don't tell you they're secrets, by that i mean they don't tell you specifically that you can not mention it to other people. I've gotten into a lot of trouble that way, which is why i hate them so.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2006, 4:09 pm

I don't think people even talk about me very much when I'm not around because I don't know very many people outside of my family very well at all.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

05 Nov 2006, 8:28 pm

aleclair wrote:
uh not really, but i'm learning how to overcome that

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2006, 10:38 pm

aleclair wrote:

I general, I couldn't give a rats' ass what people think of me.
As for what people say about me when I'm not around, again, couldn't give a damn. And furthermore, piss on them if they don't have the guts to tell me to my face, instead of being spineless little tards spreading rumors and innuendo about people.

Now, my friends and people I care about, that's a whole 'nother story.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2006, 11:22 pm

There are a few people who I care about what they think of me. For everyone else, it can be summed up in the words of advice a friend gave to me, "Don't worry about what other people think. They usually don't."

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2006, 5:45 am

aleclair wrote:

Yes, although I am quite happy if I never know. I only really want to know when someone brings it to my attention. Otherwise ignorance is bliss.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2006, 8:27 am

I do care, but I also realize that I probably shouldn't. So I try not to obsess over it. Or at the very least, not let it control me.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2006, 4:43 pm

Honestly? I really couldn't give two chunks of monkey crap what most people think of me. The only people whose opinion of me matters to me at all are my close friends and my family.

Mikka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Nov 2006, 5:40 pm

If they are talking bad about me behind my back and don't have the courage to say it to my face, then they are no longer worthy of my time.

If they are saying good things about me behind my back and don't have the courage to give me a compliment to my face, then they are scared of my reaction for some reason and that concerns me too.

I wish people didn't play games with other peoples emotions.

ghostgurl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 3:27 am

Yeah, I do, but I often am in denial and think I don't care. It would be nice to just not care at all.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 9:07 am

When I was younger I did...now I could care less...besides I know what most of them think by now, they think I'm a "little odd"...and they would be right...I am, and I've learned to enjoy it. :D

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 3:19 pm

Its harsh when you over hear someone slate you, its like they are talking about someone seperate to you.

bookwibble
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Nov 2006, 11:19 pm

Even though I shouldn't, and I know I shouldn't, I still do. I think it's because I want so badly to make friends that I become obsessive about every move I make and then start thinking that they care about whatever it is that I'm doing wrong.