Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Roninninja
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Jul 2012, 12:59 pm

So my friends recently told me they're bronies.

For those of you that don't know, a brony is a male fan between the ages of 13-35 that is a devout fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I don't have anything against anyone who might be a fan, but I must say I was shocked when my friends told me about it. They're now trying to get me to watch it and I just can't bring myself to. It just isn't my thing, I'd much rather watch DBZ or TMNT.

What do you guys think of this? :?:

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 3:24 pm

<--- Would rather watch grass grow.

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 3:31 pm

In a few rare cases, it's ok to take an interest in My little pony for an adult male
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVfidujxRg[/youtube]

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 3:43 pm

I am a 30 year old female pegasister and when I first found out that someone that I know loves the show, it scared me. I asked them point blank what the purpose was. They answered me by saying that you have to be a nerd to get into the show. So I asked them to give me a good link for it and I had started watching and kept watching by wanting to know what happened next.

The characters on the show all have great personalities and are even very well created. I think you would like it once you started watching it.

I have since fallen in love with the show and I have even been putting together some MLP cosplay outfits for dragoncon.

As for guys watching the show, I think it's great. The person that created this show also created the powerpuff girls and a lot of guys loved The powerpuff girls. The plot and story line also has a good message for each episode.

It also have some great voice talents like Tara Strong who did the voices for Chuckie, Dill Pickles, Timmy Turner, and Bubbles. She also does the voice of the purple pony by the name of Twilight Sparkle and does a good job with her.

My advice to you is to watch the show and decide for yourself.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2012, 3:44 pm

I am a 30 year old female pegasister and when I first found out that someone that I know loves the show, it scared me. I asked them point blank what the purpose was. They answered me by saying that you have to be a nerd to get into the show. So I asked them to give me a good link for it and I had started watching and kept watching by wanting to know what happened next.

The characters on the show all have great personalities and are even very well created. I think you would like it once you started watching it.

I have since fallen in love with the show and I have even been putting together some MLP cosplay outfits for dragoncon.

As for guys watching the show, I think it's great. The person that created this show also created the powerpuff girls and a lot of guys loved The powerpuff girls. The plot and story line also has a good message for each episode.

It also have some great voice talents like Tara Strong who did the voices for Chuckie, Dill Pickles, Timmy Turner, and Bubbles. She also does the voice of the purple pony by the name of Twilight Sparkle and does a good job with her.

My advice to you is to watch the show and decide for yourself.

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 2:29 pm

Not into it myself, but I used to absolutely love "The Powerpuff Girls". From what I recall, both were done by some of the same people.

WhoKnowsWhy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2012, 10:02 pm

I've now watched every episode of MLP:FIM, and I've generally enjoyed it, BUT I wouldn't say I'm a DEVOUT fan. I'm not obsessed with it or anything. Does the mere fact of watching it make one a brony?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 7:27 am

I don't know where the fine line starts. For me it was, "This is a good show and I want to watch another to see what happens next. However, I don't think I am going to obsess."

TellEmSteveDave
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jul 2012, 3:29 pm

I'm a brony, I've been really into the show (and the fandom) since 2010, all it took was one episode and I was hooked! I didn't even know what a brony was back then, I just thought "hey this is great!", and the rest (as they say) is history!

My advice is just watch an episode or two and If you don't get it then that's fine, the it's not for you.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2012, 8:56 pm

I did not think the show was for me. However, the show grew on me the more I watched it and now I am an official brony.

This show also has some really good musical numbers that are very well organized. Its music is memorable too.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jul 2012, 10:33 pm

I've watched a few episodes of MLP and couldn't get into it enough to call myself a brony. It's too girlish. Good animation and character designs, and damn good voice-acting (Knowing that I've heard the same VAs in anime also helps). But it's still for little girls. Too sugary and immature for me.

If they had Rarity yell "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" with Tabitha St. Germain using her Shana voice, however...

KillerWaffles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2012, 11:49 pm

It's okay, I rather like the lightheartedness of the show. I figured out about it from 4chan, but I didn't start watching it until some people I knew told me it was worth watching.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jul 2012, 11:59 pm

KillerWaffles wrote:
It's okay, I rather like the lightheartedness of the show. I figured out about it from 4chan, but I didn't start watching it until some people I knew told me it was worth watching.

I first heard of it through Team Fortress 2.

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2012, 4:03 am

Count me in as a Pegasister. Ive been a MLP fan since the 80's.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

I used to play with the toys from the 80's but outgrew mlp. However, the show got the spark re-ignited.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 6:23 pm

Roninninja wrote:
So my friends recently told me they're bronies.

Just listen. Do not resist, and do not postpone. Let them lead your way to bronyhood.

Roninninja wrote:
They're now trying to get me to watch it and I just can't bring myself to.

Watch the show. I said I wouldn't. Then I said I'd watch one episode. Within a week, I had caught up with the episodes being released. Now I have a drawer with some merchandise. I have several ponies. Believe me, it's for the best. Assimilate.