How satisfied are you with your social life?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

To what degree are you satisfied with your regular friendly interactions?
Not at all/ I am so alone 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
Barely/ Every conversation is precious 34%  34%  [ 15 ]
Decent/ People remember to invite me too stuff 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
Great/ I have many friends and we hang out often 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
I don't care/ I do not need much human contact to be happy 18%  18%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 44

frostbite
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Dec 2012, 2:48 am

I would like to know how satisfied aspies are with their social lives.

FlameKeeper
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 3:46 am

Most of my life I tried very hard to maintain a social life. At work. With my family. Various sports.

It was always a struggle. I had to Work at it. Even with lifelong friends I felt I had to 'watch it' so I didn't screw up those friendships.

Now I know why. I am a lot more chill about all that.

Turns out the real friends are still around and I don't have to take special care about them. I give what I feel right about and it works!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 5:15 am

my social life is confined to dealing with my sister every other week or so, my oldest brother every few months, and my aspie meetup group twice per month. this is about what i can handle.

MLawrenson
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2012, 6:04 am

Social life doesn't work for me. Too many people who either don't or refuse to understand.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 7:26 am

Great/I am comparatively alone/Thank the Heavens/I do not need much social contact to be happy/in fact, too much seriously affects my wellbeing.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 11:11 am

I have no social life and I'm ok with it.
My job requires a great deal of human interaction so that on days off I have no energy left for socializing.
The only time I wish I had friends is when I go to gigs. But I'm used to going alone now.

ProbablyNotNormal
Raven
Raven

06 Dec 2012, 6:50 pm

I was torn between barely and decent. I have one great friend who attends a university a couple of hours away; we get together during breaks/when we come home the same weekend. There's another very good one who's transferring to my school next month who I'll hopefully be able to spend time with again, and then I have several loose friends/acquaintances that I attend(ed; the season's over now) football games with and play intramural sports with when they're in season. Other than that and visiting family members every so often there's not much I do socially. I'm hoping it improves with time though. This is only my first semester.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

06 Dec 2012, 10:32 pm

frostbite wrote:
I would like to know how satisfied aspies are with their social lives.

There needs to be something between 2 and 3.

BrokenEnvoke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2012, 5:28 am

If Finland wasn't such a backwater country for gaming culture, I wouldn't be in this position.

Having conversations through online keeps me going, but it ain't the same as talking with someone who's in the same room.

vk2goh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Dec 2012, 2:00 am

I'm ok with mine. I'm not a social butterfly, but I have friends who I can trust and I do get invited to
social events.

It's still a struggle with communication and relating them, but I've been thankful that many
of my friends can put up with me

Luci
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 3:07 am

I don't have a social life outside of my family, and I'm fine with it. I've never tried to make friends, but I did still have some back when I went to school because people approached me (I would've rather been alone though but I was too shy to tell them that.) Sometimes (rarely) I wish I would have (a) friend(s) (who would be into the same things) so I could talk about things (or engage in fun activities that can't be done alone), heh, but it's not a big deal and I know it wouldn't work in practice.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 10:54 am

I don't have a social recreational life. Working full time drains all my energies.

I do wish I was different. I get so lonely, but have so many sensory problems I end up not enjoying anything outside of my own home, and with anyone. for more than a couple of hours.

Maybe when I get help with the right medication and therapy. Right now, I'm not in a good place.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2012, 12:22 pm

aspiesandra27 wrote:
I don't have a social recreational life. Working full time drains all my energies.

I don't consider social activities to be recreational at all. To me, they are as exhausting as work.

Nevertheless, I'm grateful when they come up.