Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

soulburner
Raven
Raven

26 Dec 2012, 8:29 pm

i am beginning to choose friendship with people younger than me over adults. adults tend to be more judgemental and critical with me. as a kid, i loved being around adults but now, im beginning to despise them. talking to kids is easier and teens younger seem to be more nicer. im like a kid trapped in a young adult body.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2012, 9:39 pm

soulburner wrote:
i am beginning to choose friendship with people younger than me over adults. adults tend to be more judgemental and critical with me. as a kid, i loved being around adults but now, im beginning to despise them. talking to kids is easier and teens younger seem to be more nicer. im like a kid trapped in a young adult body.

How old are you?

soulburner
Raven
Raven

26 Dec 2012, 10:20 pm

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2012, 10:34 pm

soulburner wrote:

At 19, you are young enough to get along fine with younger people. I suspect that you will find as you get older that you will have more trouble relating to people your age and younger because at the younger age, the life experiences are often more limited.

For a really simple example, at the age of 19, the idea of having wine with supper never occurred to me -- that was still in my future. At the age of 58, having wine with supper is really nothing special. So if I was to go eat supper with my 19 year old self, I think that my 58 year view of my 19 year old self would be that I was rather naive and that my 19 year old view of my 58 year self would be pretty boring.