Page 1 of 5 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

skcuf
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 110

10 Oct 2013, 10:16 am

I swear to god if I see another idiot spell quiet as quite I'm going to kill myself. How has the world become so damn stupid that they can't spell simple 5 letter words without f*****g up...

Also, on a side note, I'm sick of having to explain myself on a political forum I frequent. Note that I said explain and not justify there. These f*****g idiots have literally cut my sentence in half, told me I didn't understand history (because they don't understand grammar), and argued with me about completely different issues because they're too stupid to read correctly ALL IN THE LAST 2 DAYS.

Example: I state that if I watch TV (I'm American BTW) then within 2 hours I can see thousands of people die in the most gruesome ways possible. This is on basic cable. However, in those same two hours I will not see anything close to a naked breast.

Every human will encounter some type of nudity or sexual experience in their life. Sex is natural and necessary. Many MANY less people will see such violence and murder in their actual daily lives. I find it odd that we are so much more open to violence than sex in the USA.

^^^The argument to this was, "If you don't like what's on the TV then why don't you change the channel?"

f*****g dumbasses...



zxy8
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 581
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

10 Oct 2013, 10:25 am

There are many spelling mistakes people make. Perhaps they were never taught, or never taught correctly.

In regards to the tv thing, it is because nudity in general is more "upsetting" for many people to see than violence on tv. Also, many good shows use violence. Sex/nudity won't necessarily make a show good.

Well in America people are allowed to buy guns and kill heaps of innocent people. America is not a safe place to live; it is like a war zone with those gun laws. That is why Americans like all the violence in tv.



skcuf
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 110

10 Oct 2013, 10:30 am

I can't remember a time I've ever seen anyone upset from seeing a boob on tv. I've seen lots of people cry because the best friend, dog, or spouse was killed.

Our gun laws aren't the reason for the "violence" you speak of. America is a lot less violent than many countries (India for example) and most murders don't even happen with guns. Also, people don't kill innocent people with guns they buy legally. Not unless it's an emotional killing like a spouse who found out they were cheated on or something of the sort. The crime that is done are with guns that are bought on the black market and outlawing them wouldn't change this one bit. The only thing it would change is the people who use guns to defend themselves would now not have said defense weapon.



zxy8
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 581
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

10 Oct 2013, 10:35 am

skcuf wrote:
I can't remember a time I've ever seen anyone upset from seeing a boob on tv. I've seen lots of people cry because the best friend, dog, or spouse was killed.

Our gun laws aren't the reason for the "violence" you speak of. America is a lot less violent than many countries (India for example) and most murders don't even happen with guns. Also, people don't kill innocent people with guns they buy legally. Not unless it's an emotional killing like a spouse who found out they were cheated on or something of the sort. The crime that is done are with guns that are bought on the black market and outlawing them wouldn't change this one bit. The only thing it would change is the people who use guns to defend themselves would now not have said defense weapon.


There are many people who complain about nudity. People like to complain about things in general.

If the gun laws were tighter then there would be less murder. People kill "intruders" only to find out they are loved ones. People shoot others for the sake of it. It is a war zone there. Get rid of the loose gun laws, and so many lives would be saved everyday.



skcuf
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 110

10 Oct 2013, 10:50 am

zxy8 wrote:
skcuf wrote:
I can't remember a time I've ever seen anyone upset from seeing a boob on tv. I've seen lots of people cry because the best friend, dog, or spouse was killed.

Our gun laws aren't the reason for the "violence" you speak of. America is a lot less violent than many countries (India for example) and most murders don't even happen with guns. Also, people don't kill innocent people with guns they buy legally. Not unless it's an emotional killing like a spouse who found out they were cheated on or something of the sort. The crime that is done are with guns that are bought on the black market and outlawing them wouldn't change this one bit. The only thing it would change is the people who use guns to defend themselves would now not have said defense weapon.


There are many people who complain about nudity. People like to complain about things in general.

If the gun laws were tighter then there would be less murder. People kill "intruders" only to find out they are loved ones. People shoot others for the sake of it. It is a war zone there. Get rid of the loose gun laws, and so many lives would be saved everyday.


People complain about nudity, yes, but I'm saying we don't even have the option for television with nudity and the option to change the channel. It's dicated by our government that we're not mature enough as adults to watch what we want to watch. I find the concept insulting.

I hate debating gun control further with someone who doesn't understand the full extent of the issue. The ratio of people who shoot loved ones as "intruders" are A. Stupid, B. Lying, C. Unprepared, D. All of the above. Tighter gun laws wouldn't do anything to prevent issues like this AT ALL. Your arguments hold no weight at all because you don't understand the issue and aren't backing it up with experience or facts...



Last edited by skcuf on 10 Oct 2013, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jul 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,944

10 Oct 2013, 10:50 am

skcuf wrote:
Also, people don't kill innocent people with guns they buy legally. Not unless it's an emotional killing like a spouse who found out they were cheated on or something of the sort. The crime that is done are with guns that are bought on the black market and outlawing them wouldn't change this one bit. The only thing it would change is the people who use guns to defend themselves would now not have said defense weapon.


So emotional killing your spouse is no crime? ^^



Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Aug 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,089
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas

10 Oct 2013, 10:51 am

Quite became a replacement for quiet about the same time loose became a replacement for lose, and gender became a replacement for sex. All represent a cavalier disrespect for our language and culture.

I would add that you are guilty of bad grammar yourself. Whether you are a believer or not, "God" is a proper noun, and hence is properly capitalized.

As far as your sex versus violence argument goes, I disagree. Psychologically, the reason we like fiction is that it give us a chance to live vicariously through the story line. As is the case with spectator sports, with sex there is no need to live vicariously through others. We are much better off getting our own exercise and having our own sex than watching others do these things for us. With violence, on the other hand, we are much better off sublimating our more aggressive impulses vicariously.

Bottom line: Sex and exercise are things we should do for ourselves; violence is not.



Last edited by Thelibrarian on 10 Oct 2013, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

skcuf
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 110

10 Oct 2013, 10:52 am

Schneekugel wrote:
skcuf wrote:
Also, people don't kill innocent people with guns they buy legally. Not unless it's an emotional killing like a spouse who found out they were cheated on or something of the sort. The crime that is done are with guns that are bought on the black market and outlawing them wouldn't change this one bit. The only thing it would change is the people who use guns to defend themselves would now not have said defense weapon.


So emotional killing your spouse is no crime? ^^


Of course it's a crime. But in that scenario if the person didn't have a gun then they would just as easily do it with a knife, baseball bat, axe, bare hands, rope, chair, stick, bathtub, etc.



skcuf
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 110

10 Oct 2013, 10:56 am

Thelibrarian wrote:
Quite became a replacement for quiet about the same time loose became a replacement for lose, and gender became a replacement for sex. All represent a cavalier disrespect for our language and culture.

As far as your sex versus violence argument goes, I disagree. Psychologically, the reason we like fiction is that it give us a chance to live vicariously through the story line. As is the case with spectator sports, with sex there is no need to live vicariously through others. We are much better off getting our own exercise and having our own sex than watching others do these things for us. With violence, on the other hand, we are much better off sublimating our more aggressive impulses vicariously.

Bottom line: Sex and exercise are things we should do for ourselves; violence is not.


ARGH I forgot about loose. That one is just as annoying. People are so damn stupid...

And what you say makes sense that entertainment is supposed to be a fantasy and a break from our reality. But this still doesn't explain why sex is completely taboo in America. It's a little ridiculous.



zxy8
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 581
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

10 Oct 2013, 10:57 am

skcuf wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
skcuf wrote:
I can't remember a time I've ever seen anyone upset from seeing a boob on tv. I've seen lots of people cry because the best friend, dog, or spouse was killed.

Our gun laws aren't the reason for the "violence" you speak of. America is a lot less violent than many countries (India for example) and most murders don't even happen with guns. Also, people don't kill innocent people with guns they buy legally. Not unless it's an emotional killing like a spouse who found out they were cheated on or something of the sort. The crime that is done are with guns that are bought on the black market and outlawing them wouldn't change this one bit. The only thing it would change is the people who use guns to defend themselves would now not have said defense weapon.


There are many people who complain about nudity. People like to complain about things in general.

If the gun laws were tighter then there would be less murder. People kill "intruders" only to find out they are loved ones. People shoot others for the sake of it. It is a war zone there. Get rid of the loose gun laws, and so many lives would be saved everyday.


People complain about nudity, yes, but I'm saying we don't even have the option for television with nudity and the option to change the channel. It's dicated by our government that we're not mature enough as adults to watch what we want to watch. I find the concept insulting.

I hate debating gun control further with someone who doesn't understand the full extent of the issue. The ratio of people who shoot loved ones as "intruders" are A. Stupid, B. Lying, C. Unprepared, D. All of the above. Tighter gun laws wouldn't do anything to prevent issues like this AT ALL. Your arguments hold no weight at all because you don't understand the issue and aren't backing it up with experience or facts...


If you want nudity, apparantly there is a lot on the internet; just use that instead.

Even though what you are saying in regards to gun stuff is false, well I'll just say that basically, if there were tighter gun laws, then less people would die; it's a fact. And saving lives is worth it.



skcuf
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 110

10 Oct 2013, 10:59 am

zxy8 wrote:
skcuf wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
skcuf wrote:
I can't remember a time I've ever seen anyone upset from seeing a boob on tv. I've seen lots of people cry because the best friend, dog, or spouse was killed.

Our gun laws aren't the reason for the "violence" you speak of. America is a lot less violent than many countries (India for example) and most murders don't even happen with guns. Also, people don't kill innocent people with guns they buy legally. Not unless it's an emotional killing like a spouse who found out they were cheated on or something of the sort. The crime that is done are with guns that are bought on the black market and outlawing them wouldn't change this one bit. The only thing it would change is the people who use guns to defend themselves would now not have said defense weapon.


There are many people who complain about nudity. People like to complain about things in general.

If the gun laws were tighter then there would be less murder. People kill "intruders" only to find out they are loved ones. People shoot others for the sake of it. It is a war zone there. Get rid of the loose gun laws, and so many lives would be saved everyday.


People complain about nudity, yes, but I'm saying we don't even have the option for television with nudity and the option to change the channel. It's dicated by our government that we're not mature enough as adults to watch what we want to watch. I find the concept insulting.

I hate debating gun control further with someone who doesn't understand the full extent of the issue. The ratio of people who shoot loved ones as "intruders" are A. Stupid, B. Lying, C. Unprepared, D. All of the above. Tighter gun laws wouldn't do anything to prevent issues like this AT ALL. Your arguments hold no weight at all because you don't understand the issue and aren't backing it up with experience or facts...


If you want nudity, apparantly there is a lot on the internet; just use that instead.

Even though what you are saying in regards to gun stuff is false, well I'll just say that basically, if there were tighter gun laws, then less people would die; it's a fact. And saving lives is worth it.


I'm not saying I want boobs. I look at boobs every day. I'm saying that it's taboo in America, which I find odd...

It's NOT a fact. Because of the fact that there are already guns in America the tighter gun laws will limit people's ability to defend themselves. Chicago has extremely tight gun control and one of the highest gun murder rates in the country. That's fact and your "facts" are bullshit based on speculation.



zxy8
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Aug 2012
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 581
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia

10 Oct 2013, 11:03 am

skcuf wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
skcuf wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
skcuf wrote:
I can't remember a time I've ever seen anyone upset from seeing a boob on tv. I've seen lots of people cry because the best friend, dog, or spouse was killed.

Our gun laws aren't the reason for the "violence" you speak of. America is a lot less violent than many countries (India for example) and most murders don't even happen with guns. Also, people don't kill innocent people with guns they buy legally. Not unless it's an emotional killing like a spouse who found out they were cheated on or something of the sort. The crime that is done are with guns that are bought on the black market and outlawing them wouldn't change this one bit. The only thing it would change is the people who use guns to defend themselves would now not have said defense weapon.


There are many people who complain about nudity. People like to complain about things in general.

If the gun laws were tighter then there would be less murder. People kill "intruders" only to find out they are loved ones. People shoot others for the sake of it. It is a war zone there. Get rid of the loose gun laws, and so many lives would be saved everyday.


People complain about nudity, yes, but I'm saying we don't even have the option for television with nudity and the option to change the channel. It's dicated by our government that we're not mature enough as adults to watch what we want to watch. I find the concept insulting.

I hate debating gun control further with someone who doesn't understand the full extent of the issue. The ratio of people who shoot loved ones as "intruders" are A. Stupid, B. Lying, C. Unprepared, D. All of the above. Tighter gun laws wouldn't do anything to prevent issues like this AT ALL. Your arguments hold no weight at all because you don't understand the issue and aren't backing it up with experience or facts...


If you want nudity, apparantly there is a lot on the internet; just use that instead.

Even though what you are saying in regards to gun stuff is false, well I'll just say that basically, if there were tighter gun laws, then less people would die; it's a fact. And saving lives is worth it.


I'm not saying I want boobs. I look at boobs every day. I'm saying that it's taboo in America, which I find odd...

It's NOT a fact. Because of the fact that there are already guns in America the tighter gun laws will limit people's ability to defend themselves. Chicago has extremely tight gun control and one of the highest gun murder rates in the country. That's fact and your "facts" are bullshit based on speculation.


There are nudity restrictions in probably every country.

It is a fact. If no one other than police and law enforcers, etc were allowed to have guns, then there would be considerably less deaths everyday. That is pure fact.

Also, please don't swear at me. I am simply discussing a topic and you are swearing at me for no reason.



Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Aug 2012
Age: 57
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,089
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas

10 Oct 2013, 11:06 am

skcuf wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
Quite became a replacement for quiet about the same time loose became a replacement for lose, and gender became a replacement for sex. All represent a cavalier disrespect for our language and culture.

As far as your sex versus violence argument goes, I disagree. Psychologically, the reason we like fiction is that it give us a chance to live vicariously through the story line. As is the case with spectator sports, with sex there is no need to live vicariously through others. We are much better off getting our own exercise and having our own sex than watching others do these things for us. With violence, on the other hand, we are much better off sublimating our more aggressive impulses vicariously.

Bottom line: Sex and exercise are things we should do for ourselves; violence is not.


ARGH I forgot about loose. That one is just as annoying. People are so damn stupid...

And what you say makes sense that entertainment is supposed to be a fantasy and a break from our reality. But this still doesn't explain why sex is completely taboo in America. It's a little ridiculous.


I suppose it depends on what part of the country one lives in. Here in rural Texas, sex is considered to be a very private matter. As such, around here we tend to get annoyed seeing that kind of thing on TV or in the movies. Essentially, sex is boring unless you're actually doing it. It bears iteration and reiteration: There are some things we should do for ourselves.



skcuf
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 110

10 Oct 2013, 11:13 am

zxy8 wrote:
skcuf wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
skcuf wrote:
zxy8 wrote:
skcuf wrote:
I can't remember a time I've ever seen anyone upset from seeing a boob on tv. I've seen lots of people cry because the best friend, dog, or spouse was killed.

Our gun laws aren't the reason for the "violence" you speak of. America is a lot less violent than many countries (India for example) and most murders don't even happen with guns. Also, people don't kill innocent people with guns they buy legally. Not unless it's an emotional killing like a spouse who found out they were cheated on or something of the sort. The crime that is done are with guns that are bought on the black market and outlawing them wouldn't change this one bit. The only thing it would change is the people who use guns to defend themselves would now not have said defense weapon.


There are many people who complain about nudity. People like to complain about things in general.

If the gun laws were tighter then there would be less murder. People kill "intruders" only to find out they are loved ones. People shoot others for the sake of it. It is a war zone there. Get rid of the loose gun laws, and so many lives would be saved everyday.


People complain about nudity, yes, but I'm saying we don't even have the option for television with nudity and the option to change the channel. It's dicated by our government that we're not mature enough as adults to watch what we want to watch. I find the concept insulting.

I hate debating gun control further with someone who doesn't understand the full extent of the issue. The ratio of people who shoot loved ones as "intruders" are A. Stupid, B. Lying, C. Unprepared, D. All of the above. Tighter gun laws wouldn't do anything to prevent issues like this AT ALL. Your arguments hold no weight at all because you don't understand the issue and aren't backing it up with experience or facts...


If you want nudity, apparantly there is a lot on the internet; just use that instead.

Even though what you are saying in regards to gun stuff is false, well I'll just say that basically, if there were tighter gun laws, then less people would die; it's a fact. And saving lives is worth it.


I'm not saying I want boobs. I look at boobs every day. I'm saying that it's taboo in America, which I find odd...

It's NOT a fact. Because of the fact that there are already guns in America the tighter gun laws will limit people's ability to defend themselves. Chicago has extremely tight gun control and one of the highest gun murder rates in the country. That's fact and your "facts" are bullshit based on speculation.


There are nudity restrictions in probably every country.

It is a fact. If no one other than police and law enforcers, etc were allowed to have guns, then there would be considerably less deaths everyday. That is pure fact.

Also, please don't swear at me. I am simply discussing a topic and you are swearing at me for no reason.


Europe has naked weather women :).

The fallacy with your "fact" is that you can't stop criminals from having guns. Remember how outlawing illegal drugs stopped all of the drug use...oh wait. It didn't. Even if all guns were banned and people decided to hand them over then criminals would still get their hands on them. This is also something that will never happen. If they tried to take the guns out of the hands of the gun owners there would be another revolution.

You've probably fallen into the propaganda that guns are responsible for the mass shootings such as at the movie theater in Colorado and the school in Conneticuit. If these areas were not in gun free zones then the shooters could have been brought down earlier and lives could have been saved.

The opposite argument would say that if gun laws were tighter then the shooters wouldn't have gone on the shooting sprees. However, the guy in Colorado had his apartment rigged to explode under certain circumstances. People always forget about explosives in these scenarios. If the movie theater had been bombed then there's a much higher chance that everyone in the theater would've been instantly killed without even having a chance to fight or run. Same thing with the school. All Adam Lanza had to do was toss one pipe bomb in each room and he would've killed many more than 26 people.

I'm sorry for swearing but it wasn't directed at you. That's how I speak and if I don't edit my typing before I hit submit you get the way I talk in my post :)



skcuf
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2013
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 110

10 Oct 2013, 11:17 am

Thelibrarian wrote:
skcuf wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
Quite became a replacement for quiet about the same time loose became a replacement for lose, and gender became a replacement for sex. All represent a cavalier disrespect for our language and culture.

As far as your sex versus violence argument goes, I disagree. Psychologically, the reason we like fiction is that it give us a chance to live vicariously through the story line. As is the case with spectator sports, with sex there is no need to live vicariously through others. We are much better off getting our own exercise and having our own sex than watching others do these things for us. With violence, on the other hand, we are much better off sublimating our more aggressive impulses vicariously.

Bottom line: Sex and exercise are things we should do for ourselves; violence is not.


ARGH I forgot about loose. That one is just as annoying. People are so damn stupid...

And what you say makes sense that entertainment is supposed to be a fantasy and a break from our reality. But this still doesn't explain why sex is completely taboo in America. It's a little ridiculous.


I suppose it depends on what part of the country one lives in. Here in rural Texas, sex is considered to be a very private matter. As such, around here we tend to get annoyed seeing that kind of thing on TV or in the movies. Essentially, sex is boring unless you're actually doing it. It bears iteration and reiteration: There are some things we should do for ourselves.


I understand what you're saying here. I'm from rural Pennsylvania (near the Mennonites and Amish) with a town population of less than 2,000 so I'm actually extremely conservative when it comes to sex and being private. I was just stating that it seems odd to me that natural things are more taboo than unnatural. Also, I wish I had the choice myself instead of someone else trying to force their ideals down my throat.