Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

cammyyy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Oct 2013, 9:55 pm

(my keyboard randomly switches to French, hence all the French characters. The É is a question mark)
So, since I've started college I `ve had extremely little interest in socializing; despite being third year I have exactly 0 friends (it doesn`t help that I was in community college for 2 years before bridging into university, thus losing what little contacts I had made), I have literally never gone to a college party, and make absolutely no effort to talk to people in class. I show up, take notes, and then leave. I live with my family half an hour away from the school and have to work 25-30 hours a week (I work in security, and mostly use the time to study). I`m starting to think that I cannot socialize anymore, I never know what to say or how to talk to people without seeming weird, especially since everyone already knows each other, has friends, and can actually socialize. What does or did everyone else do during their time at college, and what suggestions do you have to be more involvedÉ I`m part of the school`s Emergency Response Team, but otherwise don`t have time for clubs and stuff.