Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 11:25 pm

Do you feel like you have a natural desire to love and appreciate everyone if they weren't judgemental and felt like you have to be a certain way for them to like you? On some occasions especially when I was younger when I felt like I didn't have any disabilities or under the impression of not having ant inferior qualities, I felt l I'm e I had this strong appreciation for everyone for who they are in their own way. I, however, stopped feeling that way once I found out people judged me sometimes and felt like I needed to act certain ways in order to fit in, and compete in order to accept who I am which I think is dumb..

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 11:59 pm

No, I have never felt any such desire at all.
There have been plenty of people who didn't try to change me in any way, or made me feel like I should change, but that didn't make me love, like or appreciate them. It takes far, far more than that. There are very few I like or appreciate. I'm indifferent to most people I have come across.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 12:44 pm

I used to be like that as a young child. I generally "loved" everyone, and though of myself to be the kindest child ever lived. (Heck, I even made myself a medal for that, out of cardboard and aluminum foil.) But as early as age 5, I had encounters with some pretty mean people, both kids and adults, who I viewed with a mix of disdain and pity, but still "loved" people in a Jesus-like way. I even believed that the Catholic Church will discover me and beatify me as a saint. (I was never Catholic myself, but was familiar with the religion.) Toward my pre-teen (a.k.a. tween) years, my love toward humanity vanished, and I started viewing myself as the only nice person in a sea of cold-blooded mercenaries, and became quite misanthropic. Now as an adult, I have a more balanced view, but still think people are mostly not kind.

thisecho
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 May 2014, 11:40 pm

It's called bitterness and baggage; it comes with age and experience, unfortunately. You are referencing re-capturing the naivety of your youth - sounds like Catcher in the Rye.

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2014, 6:19 am

infilove wrote:
Do you feel like you have a natural desire to love and appreciate everyone if they weren't judgemental and felt like you have to be a certain way for them to like you? On some occasions especially when I was younger when I felt like I didn't have any disabilities or under the impression of not having ant inferior qualities, I felt l I'm e I had this strong appreciation for everyone for who they are in their own way. I, however, stopped feeling that way once I found out people judged me sometimes and felt like I needed to act certain ways in order to fit in, and compete in order to accept who I am which I think is dumb..

Yes, in fact I think I need to re-wire my thinking. Until about 7-8 years of age I thought everyone was so beautiful and pretty! I suppose it was because I was new to beauty standards. I also recognise what you describe about love. But that gradually went away, I can't really tell why. Probably because of anger at some point, I'm not a very bitter or spiteful person(ality) but it made me pretty angry/frustrated at one point that I was the victim of bullying despite the fact that I never did anything to any of those people to deserve such treatment. Luckily the bullying stopped after some time.

(not a native speaker)

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 3:09 am

I too know this feeling.

I'm only in high school but I always "loved" people. As in, most people just seem to be great people, and I don't hate anyone.

There are some people who I personally dislike/can't stand, but I've never held a grudge nor wanted vengence.

I've accepted the fact there are decent people out there but a lot of people are just bad people, but I still find the ability to appreciate people from all aspects of life, as long as they aren't harshly judgemental or physically hurt other people.