Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What program whould you prefer for the meet-up?
HMS Belfast (museum ship, Royal Navy light cruiser) 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Guildhall (medieval hall, flags of the City's guilds, art gallery, clock museum) 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Victoria and Albert Museum (functional and decorative art pieces) 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
British Museum (cultural relics from all over the world) 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Only a pub (The Chandos or The Harp or you name it) 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
A quiet place (you'd have to suggest something...) 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Non of the above, but I have something to suggest 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 3:58 pm

In short, this is a follow-up thread to 'OJani goes to London'. I'm a foreign Aspie from Hungary visiting London as a tourist for the second time in my life in August-September (the first time was two years ago). Some of you may remember me. Although I don't speak English very well I think that meeting fellow Aspies on a modest get-together would be very nice.

This is the second time I planning to organize such and event after the 2012 try. I hope this time we will make it. Here's the link to the 2012 meet-up thread: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt207411.html.

Please choose from the poll options* and/or write here your suggestion(s). If not sure, send me a PM or ask here.

The meet-up may start 11-ish or so, depending on your suggestions.

After visiting the place in question we will go to a suitable place for relaxation, possibly a pub.

(I revised the poll options based on the information I gathered from the old thread.)

* There's an admission fee for HMS Belfast of £15.5 for adults, under 16 it's free.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2014, 4:15 pm

I will definately come to this where ever you choose to go.

However my options would be the british museum as Ive never been there and want to go or the V and A as Ive been there for a meet up and it worked very well.

be great to meet you!!

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 12:28 am

lotusblossom wrote:
I will definately come to this where ever you choose to go.

However my options would be the british museum as Ive never been there and want to go or the V and A as Ive been there for a meet up and it worked very well.

be great to meet you!!

Thank you, lotusblossom! The Victoria and Albert Museum is presumably a smaller, cosier place for a meetup in comparison to the British Museum, and it's still on my 'yet to see' list.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2014, 10:40 am

I put Guildhall, as I don't think I've visited there before. I've been to the British museum far, far too many times. I don't mind meeting there though.

Edit: Ack...it's a Sunday. Not a good travel day for me. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2014, 10:42 am

I'm in the US :cry: So, obviously, I can't meet up with you folks.

Hi Smudge. Enjoyed your video. I think you're pretty cute! :wink:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2014, 10:51 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Thanks!

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm

smudge wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Thanks!

what video is that? I would love to see it!

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2014, 4:27 pm

Ah, it's boring really.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZvGfpSXPwk[/youtube]

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2014, 4:59 pm

thats great! You should do some videos of you making up the japanese foods and trying different ones, at the moment my daughter Dani is really into ramune drink which you make fizz pressing the lid, she loves the happy kitchen kits! We should do a meet up at the japanese supermarket centre in piccadilly :D

have you watched good mythical morning on you tube? they have some good episodes on trying odd snacks/sweets.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2014, 5:06 pm

lotusblossom wrote:
thats great! You should do some videos of you making up the japanese foods and trying different ones, at the moment my daughter Dani is really into ramune drink which you make fizz pressing the lid, she loves the happy kitchen kits! We should do a meet up at the japanese supermarket centre in piccadilly :D

have you watched good mythical morning on you tube? they have some good episodes on trying odd snacks/sweets.

:D I haven't made up that particular kit yet. I could do that. I *love* the Kracie kits too, they are so much fun. I also like popping that marble in the ramune drink. The drink itself isn't that flavourful, but it's fun to open!

I was into Easy Bake kits for a while. They're for a kid-sized oven that's powered by a lightbulb, and you can make cakes and biscuits with it. I had a few different kits making doughnuts, waffles, tiny cupcakes, brownies, pizzas, dessert pizzas, mini McDonalds apple pies...a big list of fun stuff. I've used most of them up now, but I still have all the tins.

Have you seen the videos on youtube for those other Japanese food-making kits? They're false food though, but they're even cuter because they have all the tiny kitchen parts and utensils as well. I so want to get those.

Yes, we should have a meet up on it! I've been to that place. I've been a few times. I went last week and bought some yakisoba noodles. They are heavenly. You coat them with this brown coloured sauce and top with mayonnaise.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2014, 3:30 pm

As for now, the Guildhall leads the poll.

Info: Guildhall, London

I wanted to put the Dickens Museum in the poll, but somehow missed it. So, if you'd be interested, feel free to post your vote here instead.

LAEMapsie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2014, 1:38 pm

May come as well if I have no other plans, but you need to provide contact details for people before hand just in case people get lost etc...

Riikka
Raven
Raven

11 Aug 2014, 3:24 pm

Are there any other meet-ups this year? Or do other meet-ups even exist? Sorry for being so clueless. :)

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 2:32 pm

LAEMapsie wrote:
May come as well if I have no other plans, but you need to provide contact details for people before hand just in case people get lost etc...

Hi LAEMapsie, it would be great to meet you. I will provide contact details later.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2014, 2:49 pm

Riikka wrote:
Are there any other meet-ups this year? Or do other meet-ups even exist? Sorry for being so clueless. :)

Yes, there are other meet-ups too, take a look at these threads:

Birmingham UK meet up thread:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt264118.html

Any interest in a milton keynes meet up:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/posts261615-start30.html

There's a sticky thread for meet-ups, too:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf188762-0-90.html

You may also try to arrange a meet-up anytime, anywhere. ;) And, you'd be welcome on this one, if you could manage to come!

Riikka
Raven
Raven

14 Aug 2014, 10:50 am

Thanks for the info OJani! I really would've liked to come to this one, but the airline tickets are too expensive at this point. It would be great if there was one huge meetup every year that people from all over the world could come to. :) But I guess it would be pretty difficult to organize..