Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Patrick64
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Aug 2014, 12:20 am

So, I socially messed up on my old friends, and a lot of them ignore me now, so I closed my facebook, and just simplified my mind to just post here. I like to play video games, and anime and can talk about things like anime, video games, and what not. I am 27, and I want to hang out with friends and play video games like the good old days of my time. A lot of people don't socially connect with me as they connect well with others. It's that I don't ever get to constantly hang out with someone on a basis because everyone's got a busy schedule in their life. (too busy to have anything to do with me). I need to just go out and find people in my interests. But I don't where to start, and I don't know where to look. I'm depressed, because I can't not be socially awkward because of my autism, and I fear when I hit my mid 30's and 40's, I will regret not meeting people I wish I met. I need to learn how to socialize quickly, as I'm only young once.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 2:15 am

You're part of a larger cycle than you might realize, no one truly needs a checkbox with "Friends" and a bunch of copypasta & whitespace to remember why they cared about you in the first place; give everyone time, that includes you. I'm in the same spot, and it's actually a great one to get some learning done in the meantime, as people come around and realize amongst themselves what's really going on with your life.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 3:49 am

Can't see how playing video games and amine is going to get you a new set of friends. Why not reduce your time playing video games and try new activities that will increase your chances of contacting new people. For instance, joining a ballroom dancing class will not only improve your coordination, but also put you in contact with a number of women. Women tend to love dancing and you will find yourself popular as one of the few males doing ballroom. If you crave male friends, join a gym or a sports club.

Patrick64
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Aug 2014, 10:15 am

I don't like doing girly stuff, I am going to learn some martial art weapon training to get my self stronger. My issue is that I work 50-60 hour work weeks, so I don't have time for friends. I just want to sleep and dream my ideal life. That would be good enough.

auss18
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Sep 2014, 9:36 am

Do you like Minecraft? Im 18 and looking for people to play games online with even though Im not great at it. Im usually bored too

Patrick64
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Sep 2014, 5:54 pm

nope. never played Minecraft.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 5:36 am

Like the other guy, progaspie said, it is better to find activies that are more social and outgoing.

Gradually leave your comfort zone to do this.

Yes, you do seem to work a very busy week which will unfortunately affect your free time.

There is always the weekends though.

Patrick64
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Sep 2014, 6:03 pm

got a new job, and hopefully I will completely be situated again after finding out if I need to move or not. Trying to meet new friends elsewhere, and try to find enjoyable activities.