Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 1:29 am

I have constantly struggled with making friends. Here I am, yet again, struggling. I see a couple people I know that are far away (they live several hours away) socializing and doing things--they easily make friends and are able to hangout with people without feeling awkward. Ever since I deleted my Facebook account, I've felt even more alone than before. I don't want to return to Facebook, but I feel like I'm never going to be able to socialize with people in a good way. I knew people awhile ago who are now no longer my friends. They introduced me to others, and I made friends with those people. I've got a few friends who are busy and/or talking about things I have no interest in. I can't even get into gaming anymore, which was something I did quite often awhile ago. I'm just fed up with all of it, honestly. It feels like I'm back where I started with no one to play games with or talk about interesting stuff with. I just wish I could function like a normal freaking person and meet new people without anxiety and feeling like they will judge me and not like me.

I know I'm not alone here, and there are people who've struggled. I hope someone has some success stories on how they've dealt with this kind of thing. I'm in my twenties and still can't maintain friendships or befriend people in a normal way without them asking me first. I could never do it. I see everyone just going and hanging out like it's no big deal and it drives me crazy not knowing how they do it.

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2014, 1:39 pm

I'll be your friend. You like pokémon? Are you excited for Omega ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

AQ Score:44

Feel free to PM me for any reason at all. I like to talk to people online.

"I do not know what I am, and soon it may not matter." -Mewtwo.

"Time passes, people move. Like a river’s flow, it never ends." - Sheik

"I'm not popular enough to be different." -Homer Simpson

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2014, 3:47 pm

I'll be your friend, what are your interest? :)

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 4:47 pm

I've watched other people at it for years, and still can only theorize. If I had an answer other than to frantically try all the cliche advice for the one that sticks, I'd give it to you. I can really only advise on what not to do, which doesn't actually get someone that far. :P

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 4:54 pm

Butterfiend wrote:
I'll be your friend. You like pokémon? Are you excited for Omega ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Yes, I am, but I can't afford to buy it right now. I really liked when the first games were released. What did you think of X and Y?

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 4:56 pm

2cat007 wrote:

I like games, anime, technology, Pokémon, as Butterfiend mentioned, and things like that. I've been wanting to get into mmo's again. What about you?

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 4:59 pm

downbutnotout wrote:
I've watched other people at it for years, and still can only theorize. If I had an answer other than to frantically try all the cliche advice for the one that sticks, I'd give it to you. I can really only advise on what not to do, which doesn't actually get someone that far. :P

Well, there has to be something we're missing. It can't be that easy, right? I've tried before and it didn't end well. I'm so sick of it. This is honestly one of the only places where I've met people, but I lost contact with them since they're so busy all the time.

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 5:17 pm

Kinme wrote:
downbutnotout wrote:

Well, there has to be something we're missing. It can't be that easy, right? I've tried before and it didn't end well. I'm so sick of it. This is honestly one of the only places where I've met people, but I lost contact with them since they're so busy all the time.

I'm sure there is, but I'm honestly tired of gambling on people when I could be investing in my future as a writer and technician. The advice my instructors give always pans out. The advice other people give usually has no effect, or attracts people who look at my friendliness like a lion looks at a nice, juicy steak. I'm not 14 anymore, and I want certainty in my life, not variety, excitement, and change.

To some extent, I'm sure we overcomplicate and overanalyze. If it was truly more than just a sense or a feeling between people, I don't think so many people would "just know" how to make friends.

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2014, 8:19 pm

Kinme wrote:
Butterfiend wrote:

Yes, I am, but I can't afford to buy it right now. I really liked when the first games were released. What did you think of X and Y?

I thought they were really good, and I loved the addition of mega evolution. I didn't like a lot of the new pokémon though. Want to exchange friend codes?

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm

Kinme wrote:
2cat007 wrote:

I like games, anime, technology, Pokémon, as Butterfiend mentioned, and things like that. I've been wanting to get into mmo's again. What about you?

Wonderful! I like anime, gaming, reading, and music. I mostly like to play adventure games, The sims, Team fortress 2 and Minecraft. But I'm planning on looking for a roleplaying game online. What games do you like to play?

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2014, 4:36 pm

I also read you like Linux. What makes you prefer Linux OS's over other ones? I've dabbled a little bit in Linux but I can never memorize the commands. I also prefer the GUI that are in Windows OS's

JohnnyC
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Nov 2014, 8:30 pm

Kinme wrote:
I have constantly struggled with making friends. Here I am, yet again, struggling. I see a couple people I know that are far away (they live several hours away) socializing and doing things--they easily make friends and are able to hangout with people without feeling awkward. Ever since I deleted my Facebook account, I've felt even more alone than before. I don't want to return to Facebook, but I feel like I'm never going to be able to socialize with people in a good way. I knew people awhile ago who are now no longer my friends. They introduced me to others, and I made friends with those people. I've got a few friends who are busy and/or talking about things I have no interest in. I can't even get into gaming anymore, which was something I did quite often awhile ago. I'm just fed up with all of it, honestly. It feels like I'm back where I started with no one to play games with or talk about interesting stuff with. I just wish I could function like a normal freaking person and meet new people without anxiety and feeling like they will judge me and not like me.

I know I'm not alone here, and there are people who've struggled. I hope someone has some success stories on how they've dealt with this kind of thing. I'm in my twenties and still can'. Hi. John ct maintain friendships or befriend people in a normal way without them asking me first. I could never do it. I see everyone just going and hanging out like it's no big deal and it drives me crazy not knowing how they do it.

JohnnyC

15 Nov 2014, 8:31 pm

Hi. John c

JohnnyC

15 Nov 2014, 8:34 pm

2cat007 wrote:
Kinme wrote:
2cat007 wrote:

Wonderful! I like anime, gaming, reading, and music. I mostly like to play adventure games, The sims, Team fortress 2 and Minecraft. But I'm planning on looking for a roleplaying game online. What games do you like to play?
. I like. Anime. John c

JohnnyC

15 Nov 2014, 8:53 pm

2cat007 wrote:
. I am happy. To. Be. Friends. With you. John

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 5:37 am

Kinme wrote:
2cat007 wrote:

So... You are interested in a MMO?
I returned to World of Warcraft a few weeks ago and i'm loving it. Don't you want to give it a try? A new expansion just arrived and i'm looking for people to play with!