Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Tori0326
Toucan
Toucan

02 Jul 2015, 5:50 pm

How do you deal with the NTs in you home who want to have people over and have a party or barbecue?

I really dislike dealing with anyone who has been drinking. They're not rational and this annoys me. They want me to drink and I don't want to drink. I don't like the feeling of intoxication and I usually get sick if I drink more than two drinks.

I would much rather not have anyone over and just do what I do on any other night. I honestly would rather every day be a weekday. I don't like days off or weekends because then I'm expected to do something other than what I normally do.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm

I feel very much the same way.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 3:05 am

You shouldn't have to join them in partying.
It will be unreasonable to demand that your housemates don't party the whole night, but you can ask them to keep the volume down after a certain time (say; 11 PM) to allow you to sleep

Andreger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 3:12 am

What is the problem? If you don't wanna go to the party - skip it. And if you want for some reason (maybe there are some of your friends) you still can evade drinking. Of course others will try to pour you some alcohol but you can refuse.

For me it works, in Russia on the New Year, night from Dec 31 to Jan 1, everybody is drinking really a lot - champagne at first, then wine, martini, brandy, whisky, everything that could be found, drinking a lot, then going outside with alcohol, after an hour or two returning home and drinking again even more. Drinking since midnight all night long till morning or even noon. But past two New Year celebrations I'm drinking not more than half a glass of champagne and others around didn't gave a damn.

JakJak
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2015, 4:58 am

I would just shut myself in my bedroom and play video games or read or something I enjoy doing. Some people can be insistent on having you join, but just stay firm in what you want to do, and eventually they will leave you alone... Or at least they should leave you alone.

Chreeve2
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2015, 7:50 pm

I stay in my room when my family has parties. Some of my cousins join me which is nice. My aunt, a super religious woman who sticks her nose in other people's business, often tries to make me go out into the drunken chaos so I can 'find God and salvation' among other people.

Tori0326
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jul 2015, 9:30 am

I guess I should have been more specific about who the NTs are. I was talking about my girlfriend and her family and friends who come to visit. Her sister or her friends will spend the night seeing we live about an hour drive from the city. It's not like I can just lock myself away somewhere. They would think I was being rude if I did not visit with them.

I did bail out on our guests Thursday night. They were drinking and getting rowdy. I had two beers and was tired. (I did work 9 hours that day.) So, I stood up and said "It's late, I'm going to bed. You deal with the police when they show up." I don't think it went over that well but I had enough and was overstimulated.

Tonight we're supposed to go to a 4th of July party :roll: then my girlfriend's sister is supposed to spend the night. I'm sure I will wind up being the designated driver and being annoyed by their drunken antics.
I'm looking forward to Monday.