Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

IceKitty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2015, 8:18 pm

I'm going through a divorce and one of the things that bothers me is that my NT husband (soon to be ex-husband) has made quite a few friends where we live and he goes out with them frequently. He gets invited to parties, but he never took me even when I was living with him. I have no one except my kids, my therapist, and online friends. I still communicate online with friends I've known for a long time, but they're scattered all over the US and some are in Europe, so we can't really get together. He posts pictures of him having his second adolescence, partying with his friends, on Facebook. I joined a church, but don't know anyone more than superficially. I joined a few meet-up groups but they always seem to meet when I have my kids or have to do something for work. He even goes out when he has the kids (which I don't do). I go to a gym, but again, nobody seems interested. I don't know if it's because I don't make a lot of eye contact, or if it's because I'm shy, or if it's because nobody is interested in what I am interested in. I also don't drink, so things like bars aren't an option either for meeting people. I don't mind, in fact, need my time alone, but I don't want it to be all the time. This is one of the things that has me very depressed.