Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

sperg445
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jul 2015, 3:17 pm

So I have a job I really like, it is a small partnership with like 20 people total(10 per shift) working there. There is this girl that has started talking to recently. Until this week it was just casual chatting at work never lasting to long. This Thursday I parked next to her so she started talking to me on my way out. We ended up going on a roady, and out to applebees after, then back out to smoke some more. The whole thing lasted 5 hours but we mainly talked about work stuff. She made sure I knew she was single though.

They didn't run second shift friday but we had the option of coming in on first, I was pretty tired so I didn't. I get a text later from her (even though I never gave her my number) asking if I wanted to go drinking. I did, and we just drank at her sisters place who was having a friday night party. Kept to ourselves mostly, I didnt know anyone there and people were just in groups playing unheard of card/ dice games. We didnt stay long and went on another roady with her friend who we dropped off then went to perkins for dinner.

As a completely oblivious male, I am positive she wants to be more than friends. I'm also not to sure she wants a committed relationship... The problem is she is a co-worker at a job I really enjoy and want to keep long term. This girl is really attractive to, out of my league level attractive. I know at some point I'm gonna have to either say I want to just be friends or I will go for it. Not sure what to do, it seems like a bad idea but part of me wants to. It's been a long time since I've even kissed someone.What would you do?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 6:56 am

I would agree that you dating a girl at your place of employment is not such a good idea. There are lots of places that enforce the no dating policy and I can understand why.

Socially it might be polite to pull her to the side or invite her out for a drink and tell her that you really enjoy hanging out her and vise versa. You would like to keep the relationship as professional as possible if that's ok with her.

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 6:43 pm

To bluntly spell out what the person above is trying to say is:

You either keep the girl or keep the job.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider