Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:26 pm

Hi:
I have a funeral coming up for a former co-worker. Although I am going to pay my respects there are two people who I used to work with who I know that I have tension with. The first one is my former boss and the second is someone who bullied me by way to lies and gossip. I also don't really care to tell them every detail of my life.

My question is, how do I approach this?

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 8:34 pm

I just attended a Memorial Service three days ago. Went there to pay my respects to a man who really deserved to be honored and for whom I had a great deal of respect. And like you, I crossed paths with people whom I no longer care to see. One mostly avoided talking to me. The other said something very nasty and uncalled for. And then there was someone I'd never met, a bully that I had to stare down.

My suggestion? Pray. Pray for protection, and pray that if you have to speak to them, that you'll be given the right words to say.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2015, 8:38 am

I called the company after I heard the news of this co-workers passing and my former boss happened to pick up. Though I gave my condolences I felt this waive of tension between us. I had a hard time talking to them and said as little as possible and got off.