Page 10 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 11:15 am

^^But a lack of caring is negative because there's nothing there, no good, positive feelings. At least, that's how I see things.
^See, now you have a new friend in me! :D :D :D

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 11:16 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Your experience is irrelevant. There are many others who do not meet someone. Why fuel false hope on a something so uncertain? That just makes you more vulnerable to disappointment.
And that is the most piss poor rationale for the following reasons:
1. My mentioning of my wife is relevant because I DID find a friend when not looking.
2. My experience is absolutely relevant to people who don't want to wallow and you strike me as a wallower with that reply.
3. There is no false hope in this unless you want to just capitulate.
4. Why fuel hope? Because I choose to do something about this situation and not let it define my life and I won't give up either because people like you want to just roll over and die and say that's ok.

It's your opinion. You can do what you will. But do not ever tell me that I or my experiences are irrelevant.

I don't wallow. I offer an alternative and somewhat unpopular perspective. People spend all their time trying to get something they can't have and all it brings them is disappointment. Better to abandon it completely and focus on what you can have. For me my focus is getting a degree in my field of interest and hopefully pursuing a career with that. In my spare time I engage in what few interests I have. I used to wallow at my social situation, then I realized that was a waste of time. Indifference is so much more relaxing than negative feelings, I'll tell you that.
No. it's wallowing because you choose to see things as unattainable. That is defeatist at best. Just because you chose to withdraw doesn't mean that you will not find it. And, if you have chosen to take this viewpoint you hold, then you will never have a friend. Sort of the self fulfilling prophesy in full living color.

You choose to throw out despondencies and defeat and tell those that do not want to wallow that it is a fools errand, even when they can demonstrate otherwise.

You choose to call people irrelevant because it doesn't jibe with your narrative.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 11:22 am

I think Sabreclaw is trying to be protected from negative emotions by refusing to have emotions at all.

Emotions for me are what make life worth living. Love, joy, happiness, curiosity, satisfaction, delight, sympathy and empathy of other's emotions, even sadness, anger, fear, and jealousy. It's all part of life.

I just want the good-feeling emotions to outweigh the bad.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 11:24 am

As the Eleventh Doctor once said, Life is a mixture of good things and bad things. The good things don't outweigh the bad and make them unimportant, and the bad things don't outweigh the good things and make them meaningless.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 11:26 am

zkydz wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
Your experience is irrelevant. There are many others who do not meet someone. Why fuel false hope on a something so uncertain? That just makes you more vulnerable to disappointment.
And that is the most piss poor rationale for the following reasons:
1. My mentioning of my wife is relevant because I DID find a friend when not looking.
2. My experience is absolutely relevant to people who don't want to wallow and you strike me as a wallower with that reply.
3. There is no false hope in this unless you want to just capitulate.
4. Why fuel hope? Because I choose to do something about this situation and not let it define my life and I won't give up either because people like you want to just roll over and die and say that's ok.

It's your opinion. You can do what you will. But do not ever tell me that I or my experiences are irrelevant.

I don't wallow. I offer an alternative and somewhat unpopular perspective. People spend all their time trying to get something they can't have and all it brings them is disappointment. Better to abandon it completely and focus on what you can have. For me my focus is getting a degree in my field of interest and hopefully pursuing a career with that. In my spare time I engage in what few interests I have. I used to wallow at my social situation, then I realized that was a waste of time. Indifference is so much more relaxing than negative feelings, I'll tell you that.
No. it's wallowing because you choose to see things as unattainable. That is defeatist at best. Just because you chose to withdraw doesn't mean that you will not find it. And, if you have chosen to take this viewpoint you hold, then you will never have a friend. Sort of the self fulfilling prophesy in full living color.

You choose to throw out despondencies and defeat and tell those that do not want to wallow that it is a fools errand, even when they can demonstrate otherwise.

You choose to call people irrelevant because it doesn't jibe with your narrative.

It's your opinion that's wallowing. I don't think it is. I think it's practical.

And I didn't call you irrelevant, I said your experience was irrelevant to my personal situation. You may have met someone. But that's you, not somebody else. You can't use that to then assume that everyone will meet someone. That's all I meant. I suppose it was ill-worded. I didn't intend to offend you. I'm sorry.

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^^But a lack of caring is negative because there's nothing there, no good, positive feelings. At least, that's how I see things.
^See, now you have a new friend in me! :D :D :D

Eh, this is starting to get into the realm of "I can't find the words for this". I disagree with you. I see neutral as neutral, not negative. I can't really find the right words to describe it.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 11:30 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
As the Eleventh Doctor once said, Life is a mixture of good things and bad things. The good things don't outweigh the bad and make them unimportant, and the bad things don't outweigh the good things and make them meaningless.

I agree, but I would like the proportion of good things to be a little bit higher than it is now. It's like maybe 25% good to 75% bad at the moment. Not very balanced.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 11:32 am

^What if you start by seeing nice things every day and write them down [the sunrise/sunset, nice cloud formations, flowers, trees, random acts of kindness]? Would that help?

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 11:45 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^What if you start by seeing nice things every day and write them down [the sunrise/sunset, nice cloud formations, flowers, trees, random acts of kindness]? Would that help?

I do try to appreciate and notice the good things in life. It doesn't take much to make me happy, actually. Good food, a nice story, a nice gesture from another person, playing a fun game, things in nature (but not in winter usually). Cats, (the animal, not the musical). Little things can make me happy.

But I get sad easily, too. At least at this point in my life.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 11:55 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
It's your opinion that's wallowing. I don't think it is. I think it's practical.

And I didn't call you irrelevant, I said your experience was irrelevant to my personal situation. You may have met someone. But that's you, not somebody else. You can't use that to then assume that everyone will meet someone. That's all I meant. I suppose it was ill-worded. I didn't intend to offend you. I'm sorry.
Ok, let's dissect this:

1. It may be practical for you. I was for me for a long time. But you can't try to make it practical by saying it's useless to try or even hope.

2. You did call me irrelevant because I AM my experiences.

3. You say that I shouldn't use my experiences to assume that everyone will meet someone. The hypocrisy is that is exactly what you are doing.
a) I never said that it would happen.
b) I did say that it CAN happen
c) I actually buttressed both of your points about being depressed and/or alone. I just said it can happen. And it can happen when you aren't looking.

4. It was ill-worded and you should stop and think that may be the underlying problem with making friends. I know it's my problem, so don't think I'm casting out something I can't understand.

You can't complain about being marginalized while marginalizing others that don't agree or offer a reasonable alternative.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 12:19 pm

zkydz wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:

Ok, let's dissect this:

1. It may be practical for you. I was for me for a long time. But you can't try to make it practical by saying it's useless to try or even hope.

2. You did call me irrelevant because I AM my experiences.

3. You say that I shouldn't use my experiences to assume that everyone will meet someone. The hypocrisy is that is exactly what you are doing.
a) I never said that it would happen.
b) I did say that it CAN happen
c) I actually buttressed both of your points about being depressed and/or alone. I just said it can happen. And it can happen when you aren't looking.

4. It was ill-worded and you should stop and think that may be the underlying problem with making friends. I know it's my problem, so don't think I'm casting out something I can't understand.

You can't complain about being marginalized while marginalizing others that don't agree or offer a reasonable alternative.

Firstly I was not aware that you feel so strongly about your experiences. Perhaps you should make a reference to that in your signature so as to avoid confusion in future conversations with other forum members. I apologized for offending you, so there's no reason to go on about it.

As far as making friends go, I won't bore you with my personal issues. But I don't believe it has anything to do with insulting people. I've never had issues with that.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 12:20 pm

Sociopaths are definitely not "inferior" in any way if they thrive living on their own, possibly preying on other humans; perhaps eventually speciating away from them. Of course, the neurotypical human mind being the way it is, they'll probably get derogatorily labelled "inferior" simply for being alien and inimical to normal humans.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 12:41 pm

They'd probably eventually kill each other off and be unable to breed before being able to form a separate species. Human beings have been evolving as social cooperative species since before they were even considered human. Millions and millions of years of evolution. So there are many other adaptations that would have to be made before that would be realistic.

The major human races had diverged from one another for tens of thousands of years and still did not become separate species.

Besides, sociopathy is not necessarily genetic. It's believed to be partially caused by poor or traumatic upbringing in early childhood. It can also be caused by brain injuries during birth or later in life. A sociopath would not necessarily breed more sociopaths.

Only some sociopaths are smart. The dumb ones only prey on other dumb people and go to jail.

Lacking an ability that everyone else has is inferiority, unless there is another quality of equal worth present that others do not possess.

But the only quality sociopaths seem to possess that is perhaps useful is the ability to manipulate others. But since many other people who are not sociopaths also possess this ability to a high degree, it's not unique.

Others with the ability to feel emotions can not only learn to ignore or shut off emotions when necessary, they can also be just as adept at manipulation.

But a sociopath can't learn to feel emotions to the same degree or experience sympathy. They are missing out on life experiences. So the so-called "abilities" of a sociopath are also present in those with typical emotions, and the sociopath cannot learn to feel emotions. Therefore a sociopath is inferior.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 12:47 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
[Firstly I was not aware that you feel so strongly about your experiences. Perhaps you should make a reference to that in your signature so as to avoid confusion in future conversations with other forum members. I apologized for offending you, so there's no reason to go on about it.

As far as making friends go, I won't bore you with my personal issues. But I don't believe it has anything to do with insulting people. I've never had issues with that.

I see that what we have here is what appears to be an Aspie thing happening here. That blindness of how others can see your actions.

1). You say you 'did not know' how I felt about my experiences. Uhhhh.....that should be obvious. Let me throw this back at you. Why would you ever think that someone else's experiences would not matter when it actually counters your arguments directly? And, by saying that a person is not their experience shows blindness as to how experience actually does make us. If you only go out at night doesn't mean there is no sun.

2) you did and are doing that apology/non-apology crap that's become quite popular. You apologize then still go on about how you're right.

3) Really don't give a damn about your personal issues. But, to say that you've never had any problem with insulting people when you are doing it is demonstrating the blindness itself.

Basically, you tried to take your experiences to justify casting your conclusions onto other people. But, when another experience shows differently, you say that experiences are not important. Kinda talking out both sides there.

And to say that one person's experience offers false hope is just ridiculous.

What I see is the blindness that I have become aware of in my life. You say you 'have no problems' in areas but have no friends. It can't be everybody else. You are the only common denominator. Basically the self-fulfilling prophesy I mentioned earlier.

The difference is that I opened a possibility while you have done everything to shut it down.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 1:11 pm

When I feel things, I FEEL things. My emotions are raw and intense. So when I'm happy, I'm ecstatic. When I'm sad, I'm depressed.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 1:41 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
When I feel things, I FEEL things. My emotions are raw and intense. So when I'm happy, I'm ecstatic. When I'm sad, I'm depressed.
Here is a question then....is that the sign of bipolar? Or is it applied to other things?

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 2:10 pm

What do you mean by other things? :? Happy things make me happy and sad or bad things make me upset.