Page 12 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:08 pm

Sometimes, when I think of a certain person, I get more dyslexic than usual. :oops:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:09 pm

I think the other poster is using his denial of possibility as sort of a defense mechanism.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:10 pm

^I think you're right. Now that I look at it again, things start to make sense.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:12 pm

I have to say, it's a very aspie-like trait to have misunderstandings, so I wouldn't be too hard on anyone here who seems to have trouble understanding or being understood. I'm sure no one does it intentionally.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:14 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think the other poster is using his denial of possibility as sort of a defense mechanism.

Yes, he wants to protect himself from the pain of possible rejection and loneliness. At least that's how I see it. It's understandable to feel that way.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:20 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^If it helps at all, he's confusing me too. :?

W̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶H̶u̶m̶p̶h̶.̶

Actually I can't understand what I said reading back over it. Oh well, it made sense in my head at the time. So there. Humph.

Last edited by Sabreclaw on 19 Jan 2016, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:22 pm

I say: Let the man feel this way.

Who knows? Maybe something good will happen when he least expects it.

I've seen many stories of this; and I've known people who have experienced this.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 8:24 pm

Yigeren wrote:
I have to say, it's a very aspie-like trait to have misunderstandings, so I wouldn't be too hard on anyone here who seems to have trouble understanding or being understood. I'm sure no one does it intentionally.
What the hell? Are you serious??? Wait...oh....sorry.... Duh dump, duh dump, buhhhh Dump!!

kraftiekortie wrote:

I thought that too. That's why I offered my experience. I've been down that road. It may not happen for him/her, but it can happen and I truly hope it is found.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 9:19 pm

You remember John McEnroe, tennis player, in the 80's? ("You can't be SERIOUS!)

Adam_K93
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jan 2016, 9:31 pm

Yigeren,

You sound a lot like me. I haven't had friends for years, and it's mainly the reason of not wanting to keep up with small talk and friendly "stuff" that you have to, for the reason of...what? Why keep up a fake conversation, why tell someone you're interested in something when you're not, why bother lying to people to make them happy, to me...that's not friendship, but then again what do I know? I don't have friends either. It also might have something to do with that there's nothing to talk to other people about, or that their conversation is simply dull, but that's a whole other subject for later.

Either or, an ideal definition of friendship (for me at least) is a simple one. Don't expect small talk, don't expect fake praise, don't expect to be coddled, but rather, expect honestly, genuine feedback, and understand that because we're people, we wont always agree with each other.

That hasn't gone to well for me though, seems how I don't have friends either, haha.

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2016, 9:32 pm

zkydz wrote:
TheAP wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Things that make you happy and then going to extremely happy or things that make you sad and then going to extreme sad with no in between would be a sign of bipolar (I think).

Bipolar isn't just having mood swings. The periods of mania and the periods of depression last a long time, like a week or two.
Gotcha...thanks :)

Some have 'rapid cycling'.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 7:52 am

100000fireflies wrote:
zkydz wrote:
TheAP wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Things that make you happy and then going to extremely happy or things that make you sad and then going to extreme sad with no in between would be a sign of bipolar (I think).

Bipolar isn't just having mood swings. The periods of mania and the periods of depression last a long time, like a week or two.
Gotcha...thanks :)

Some have 'rapid cycling'.
If I read that right, I do believe that I've done that before. Working in short spurts on the special interests and cycling back through them.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 9:10 am

^I do that too! Right now, I'm really interested in Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem and Pokemon, but eventually I might cycle back to Radiant Historia or Metroid.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 9:18 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
^I do that too! Right now, I'm really interested in Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem and Pokemon, but eventually I might cycle back to Radiant Historia or Metroid.
I think I must be lucky. All my special interests are intertwined in one way or another. So improvements in one special interest actually improve areas of other special interests.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2016, 9:26 am

^It's like that for me, too. I like spirituality, which ties into my love of mythology which ties into my love of Final Fantasy, which extends to Fire Emblem, and so forth.

moviereference
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2019, 1:37 pm

I can, at least, tell you that you're not alone. I don't expect this to help much, but I relate 100% to everything that you've just described. Almost as if you're describing me.

For whatever it's worth, you're not the only way who feels or thinks the way that you do.