Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

LjSpike
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jan 2017, 4:31 am

Well, in 16 years of life, I've initiated a couple of one person sleepovers and a meal with some friends at KFC. Equally I've been invited to a few one person sleepovers, and aside from some birthday party invites in primary school, 0 parties.
I guess I'm doing alright? Although currently I'm in the turmoil of, "to party, or not to party". I want to go to a sixth form party at some point, but I know I'll know practically nobody that is there and will get really anxious, attempt to find a spare space to sit down in the corner in and play chess on my phone, then get disturbed by someone who wants some random and unexplained social interaction and then I'll just feel more anxious, perhaps claim the loo for about 15 minutes to avert a panic attack, and then repeat.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 52 of 200
LINK: http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly10a.php?p1= ... =66&p10=74
-------------------
Score breakdown for RAADS-R
Total: 185.0 | Language: 17.0 | Social Relatedness: 90.0 | Sensory/Motor 45.0 | Circumscribed Interests: 33.0
LINK: http://www.aspietests.org/raads/questions.php

horismoku11
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jan 2017, 2:39 am

You sound like me in high school. I'm 29. I eventually started drinking at the parties because I felt I was more connected to the other people. But in reality I wasn't. I was just making problems for myself later in life. Now I wish I didn't try to fit in so hard with other people. I should have just stayed at home and practiced guitar. But, I was lonely and wanted nothing more than to be normal. I wasn't thinking of bettering myself. I just wanted to be like everyone else. And that has caused me the most issues. Trying to not be me and fit in with other people. It sucks. I feel at times that's all I want in life, is a place to fit in. A group of people I can always call friends. I'm still looking for that.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2017, 4:06 am

horismoku11 wrote:
You sound like me in high school. I'm 29. I eventually started drinking at the parties because I felt I was more connected to the other people. But in reality I wasn't. I was just making problems for myself later in life. Now I wish I didn't try to fit in so hard with other people. I should have just stayed at home and practiced guitar. But, I was lonely and wanted nothing more than to be normal. I wasn't thinking of bettering myself. I just wanted to be like everyone else. And that has caused me the most issues. Trying to not be me and fit in with other people. It sucks. I feel at times that's all I want in life, is a place to fit in. A group of people I can always call friends. I'm still looking for that.

Ironically I had a bunch of friends I could relate to when I was in high school... now that I've grown up and all those friends scattered around the world, I can't find anyone I can call friends...
To tell you the truth I'm ok being alone most of the time, but I wonder sometimes maybe I should have some human interaction... and then I attempt socializing but ends up in a disaster as in me being feeling horrible and exhausted.
What I want to say is that... is it weird that I crave human connection but avoid people at the same time?