Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

asalem
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2018, 8:29 pm

Don't be clingy or show any interest toward people and act desperate. It's in the human nature to be warded off by clingy people. If your in a relationship and your man, you need to act like your not interested. This sounds weird but women are attracted to these types of men.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Mar 2018, 8:36 am

asalem wrote:
Don't be clingy or show any interest toward people and act desperate. It's in the human nature to be warded off by clingy people. If your in a relationship and your man, you need to act like your not interested. This sounds weird but women are attracted to these types of men.
I'm needy & clingy & was pretty desperate within romantic relationships & I know it turned alot of women off but I was wanting a women who was similar to me in those ways so I could be more of my natural self & more comfortable & secure. Thankfully my current girlfriend is kind of needy & clingy too & was kind of wanting someone who was too. She wasn't desperate thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2018, 1:59 am

Yep some people are beta's and they cannot change, and that's okay, provided they find someone compatible.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2018, 2:35 pm

I can't say I have ever found that very attractive, more like confusing and/or off putting. If someone doesn't seem interested why would I bother with them? I take things too literally to play along with social games like that. I have also never really understood flirting...like I get what it is for but I've never really known how to do it or react if its done to me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 8:40 am

I thought you were supposed to act interested in people to gain relationships.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 11:53 am

To sum up, if you're not desirable, it matters zilch whether you show interest---noöne will be interested in you either way. Basically, what was to be expected.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Mar 2018, 12:25 pm

interest ≠ (needy & clingy)

I guess there is the tricky thing of "the right amount" of interest.

There is a reason why I would avoid a relationship with a male Cinderella. I've been in such a relationship. It was mutual unintentional emotional abuse. And when I saw it through and tried to end it, he guilt-tripped me that I was ruining him by leaving him to his loneliness and he artificially prolonged the relationship in a fairly manipulative way.
I guess when someone attribute all their self-worth to a relationship and commit too early, they are too likely to cling to an unhealthy relationship. But nobody wants to be stuck in an unhealthy relationship – maybe except for the "needy and clingy" ones. And maybe narcissists and other abusers, for their own reasons.

I was so glad to hear after some years that he was the one to end his next relationship because his then-girlfriend was abusive. I was glad he finally gained enough self-respect to put "being respected" before "being in relationship".

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>