Autistic-friendly social skills vs. blending in with NT's

Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

jillsurf12
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Nov 2023, 10:51 am

I agree with this type of space in the future because I know I'm not the only one that don't have progress or results even studying social interactions and social skills by many ways: reading, listening, watching videos, movies made for neurotypicals identify themselves and so on. I didn't get the results, but let's see if more years ahead I'll start to see it otherwise it's just fighting against the inevitable.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 11:22 am

For the OP - its an interesting idea, my biggest concern is that there'd still be the cluster B behemoth to grapple with and that has a way of forcibly turning any environment into a mirror of itself. Any place where you have 'vulnerable' people predators will try to pile up and that system will need a lot of forethought not to be hacked.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin