Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Noamx
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Aug 2022, 10:11 am

Well basically this time, I thought to talk to you about the amount of friends you have, or dont have.

For me, I never really needed a large amount of friends. But the bigger problem is, its difficult to always recognize someone as your friend 100% of the time, because the other person might not always think the same way about you. You might not be considered their friend, but you consider them as yours, and vice versa.

A few questions that come to mind, about this subject:

Do you think the amount of friends matter, or is it quality over quantity(better have good friends but at a lower amount, than have tons of friends who are terrible people who dont fit your style?)

If you consider someone else as your friend, do you bother to find out if they think the same way about you, or not?

If you dont have alot of friends, do you feel bad about it, or are you okay with that?

If someone wants you as their friend but you dont, do you pretend like you're their friend to not piss them off, or you are honest about it and say the truth in their face?

If you dont want someone as your friend, do you explicitly say so "sorry, I dont like your style/personality so I dont want you as my friend", or put it in a more gentle way without pissing the other person off?

And so on...

Thanks

About me, my name's Noam 32 years old from Israel, diagnosed with High functioning Autism at about age 21 but unofficially had this problem since I was born. From age 25 or so I started to function better but I still have alot of problems in my life. I live in Israel in a city called Ashdod, but I was born in Jerusalem. I'm Agnostic when it comes to religion.

Hobbies include Video Games, Music, Sports, Swimming, Watch TV, Sex/Getting laid, Alcohol, Writing, Reading, and more.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2022, 10:22 am

Q1. Do you think the amount of friends matter, or is it quality over quantity?
A1. Quality always comes first; definitely quality over quantity.

Q2. If you consider someone else as your friend, do you bother to find out if they think the same way about you, or not?
A2. While similar interests and opinions are important, I value my friends more for their honesty and integrity.

Q3. If you do not have a lot of friends, do you feel bad about it, or are you okay with that?
A3. Review answers A1 and A2.

Q4. If someone wants you as their friend but you do not, do you pretend like you are their friend to not piss them off, or you are honest about it and say the truth in their face?
A4. Neither.  I avoid them as much as possible.  The smart ones take the hint, and the not-so-smart ones eventually make fools of themselves.  Either way, problem solved.

Q5. If you do not want someone as your friend, do you explicitly say so, or do you put it in a more gentle way without pissing the other person off?
A5. Review answer A4.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 12:17 am

I have two really good friends.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 6:09 pm

Q:Do you think the amount of friends matter, or is it quality over quantity(better have good friends but at a lower amount, than have tons of friends who are terrible people who dont fit your style?)

A: Ideally, quality over quantity. However, there is definitely strength in numbers. For instance, I had a situation recently where my friend was in trouble and I couldn't reach her, but thankfully I had connections and was able to make contact indirectly. I won't go into it as I don't want to derail this thread, but having connections can be useful at times.

Q:If you consider someone else as your friend, do you bother to find out if they think the same way about you, or not?

A: I don't usually ask outright, unless I consider someone a really close friend. In which case, we might have a conversation about the friendship.

Q:If you dont have alot of friends, do you feel bad about it, or are you okay with that?

A: At the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I'm actually fairly well-liked. I befriended an extrovert who essentially dragged me along for the ride. Now I have social group of around roughly nineteen, but I'd say that I'm closest to six people within the group, but this sometimes changes as the group evolves. I must admit, I do struggle to befriend people who don't share any interests. My friends tend to be detail-orientated artists. We like to geek out about games and new art projects together.

Q:If someone wants you as their friend but you don't, do you pretend like you're their friend to not piss them off, or you are honest about it and say the truth in their face?

A: It really depends on the context. Especially when dealing with someone who is mentally unstable or potentially dangerous. I don't like pretending to be someone's friend, but sometimes it is necessary. Except when I pretended to befriend my former friend's abuser only to help bring him down (so he wouldn't see turning him in coming), I feel no remorse for deceiving that jerk.

Q:If you dont want someone as your friend, do you explicitly say so "sorry, I dont like your style/personality so I dont want you as my friend", or put it in a more gentle way without pissing the other person off?

A: Again, that depends on the context. I usually start off gentle, but some people will not back off unless you stand your ground. Often it can be a difficult balance to achieve.

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2022, 9:36 pm

Do you think the amount of friends matter, or is it quality over quantity(better have good friends but at a lower amount, than have tons of friends who are terrible people who dont fit your style?)

I tend to value quality over quantity, like most people....

If you consider someone else as your friend, do you bother to find out if they think the same way about you, or not?

No. If we like each other enough to make an effort to hang out, we're probably friends.

If you dont have alot of friends, do you feel bad about it, or are you okay with that?

I'm fine with it.

If someone wants you as their friend but you dont, do you pretend like you're their friend to not piss them off, or you are honest about it and say the truth in their face?

Like Fnord, I tend to just try to avoid them. It works eventually. Some people are more tenacious than others.

If you dont want someone as your friend, do you explicitly say so "sorry, I dont like your style/personality so I dont want you as my friend", or put it in a more gentle way without pissing the other person off?

No, I don't say anything about it.