Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

WhiskeryBeast
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2007, 9:07 pm

serenity wrote:
WhiskeryBeast wrote:
It's good to know that other people are going through the same things as I am. I find most people are the ones that drain me emotionally. They always want me to drop everything to comfort them and then when I need some sympathy, they are no where to be found. I wonder if they just treat me this way, or if they treat other NT's this way to? Do NT's just not see this or do they have a special way of dealing with this?

I would desperatly like friends, but can't seem to choose the "right" ones for me.

Same here. I'm notorious for picking out friends that have "issues" so to speak. You know the sort, real drama queens, ect... I think there's something in my body language that screams naive, and maybe a little desperate. I am much better at spotting those kinds of people now then I used to be. I have cut those kinds of toxic friends from my life, but now I'm quite lonely.

That's just the thing. I'm now really lonely. Not that having them as a friend was enriching, it wasn't, but at least I had someone who was gernally nice to me when the mood hit her.

kittenfluffies
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2007, 12:58 pm

When I was younger and more naive, I befriended a lot of "toxic" people - people who play mind games and have ulterior motives. As I have gotten older and a little less naive, I have learned to step back and be very careful about who gets into my life.

moo_cow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2007, 2:23 am

Do Aspies make friends easier with other Aspies rather than NTs? I have a few Aspie friends. One claims to be, but I am not sure. The other, I am sure he has it.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2007, 6:20 pm

I've made a lot of friends who really don't care about me in the longrun. I'm pretty sure they think one day i will be in "ret*d care". Just so you know, with my wit and intelligence, i'd rather _______ than let anything happen to me; i pretend not to care.