Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2008, 12:12 am

Probably no more than 12.

poker_face
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Dec 2008, 1:34 pm

I asked a friend how old they would say if they looked at a piece of my writing they said 20. My EQ is below average. But I am not sure what my actual emotional age is. My cognitive age is probably above my actual age, but emotionally I am probably late teens early twenties (I am chronological 26).

What tests are the best to do for emotionally social age etc. Is there anyway of working out your actual age from your EQ?

I have big problems because of the difference in intellectual and emotional age. I feel that I can relate to people a lot older in terms of conversational content and prefer the company of older people. However I find relationships difficult with older people as they do not tolerate my behaviour as I am emotionally immature. I generally find the conversations of people my own age uninteresting (less capacity for philosophical thought, more likely to think in black and white terms).

greengeek
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2008, 5:58 pm

Chronologically I'm 17, people tell me intellectually I'm 40, and emotionally I'm 12.

EgaoNoGenki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2008, 4:00 am

I'm college-aged, but want to look no older than 17, because I estimate that my social-emotional age can't possibly be any older than 17.

IS THERE A TEST THAT'LL OFFICIALLY DETERMINE MY EMOTIONAL AGE?

If there's any test you know of online that can authoritatively determine my emotional-social age, please let me know whenever you find it!

Tests taken offline are hard to come by from the looks of things...

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 12:00 pm

after hitting 15 I never really felt any progress

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 7:35 pm

My EQ is 64.

I'm not sure of my age. At first I wanted to say 5. Maybe it's like 14, because I look 14 and people that meet me and get to talk to me always think I'm younger than what I really am.

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 12:31 pm

My chronological age is 20. My social age is 13. My emotional age is around 8- or 9-years old. My intellectual age is around 40-years-old.

Chimaeran
Raven
Raven

23 Dec 2008, 7:58 pm

My teachers and et cetera actually say I'm mature. But what they really mean is I can deal with instructions.

I don't know how to tell my emotional age. I guess maybe it's a few years behind my real age... but not too far. Problem is, I haven't got many "typical" NT friends to compare with. But then, who does? (Well...)

hal9000
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Dec 2008, 6:47 pm

I'm 31 but my emotional age is about 19. Lately I've noticed a change in my thinking, like I'm becoming aware of certain things when most people would realise them in adolescence. I guess like many I am a late bloomer.

UberElvis
Raven
Raven

25 Dec 2008, 7:14 pm

Well I'm 17 and I was just thinking about this before I saw this thread.

I've heard people say that I'm around 8 (like the original poster) emotionally. I kind of believe it too.

If these people in their thirties are any bit similar to me, then sadly I will not be emotionally aged at my current physical age until my late thirties...such a sad, sad thought...

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2008, 8:39 am

I don't know what it is for me. A lot of my friends (not all of them) are younger than me, but they act like they're my age. According to my mom, I have very good taste in friends. lol

philski
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Dec 2008, 5:15 pm

Interesting question... At 48 physically I still can win guessing contests at State Fairs due to looking ten years younger than I am. Emotionally, after going through the school of hard knocks with life, I think I'm 28 which puts me 20 years behind. The last few years I've gained at least 8 years on my emotional age. Maybe its true that if lifes experiences don't kill us they will make us stronger.

Part of my emotional lag time, separate from Asperger's, is the fact that I grew up in an alcoholic home and I'm referred to as an adult Child of an Alcoholic. Emphasis is on 'adult child' as people that grow up in that kind of dysfunctional environment suffer emotional handicaps. Both my brothers act like adolescents when we all get together. I think this was and remains a coping mechanism.

I'm glad that I can still be somewhat childlike which is a different animal than being childish. I believe creativity is tied to this.

Cheers,
Philski

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 3:07 pm

My friends seem older than me by now. Even those who're younger than me.

I really started noticing a few months ago.

Well, it can't be changed. So I shall be childish and proud.

11krage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2009, 4:17 pm

I've been said many times by my siblings to have the maturity age of a toddler, be interesting if there was actually a test that work out how emotionally mature you are. I do generally consider myself mature as I like getting my life in order, but there is a fair amount of evidence against it. For example, my terrible need to watch pochoyo when I am feeling really ill as its one of the few things that soothes me when I'm in that state.

Socially I must be only about 8/9 if that. I can barely understand these 'words' people speak of, verbally of course. I'm convinced its a different language at times.

http://the-quiet-ones.blogspot.com/

Adam917
Raven
Raven

01 Feb 2009, 9:30 pm

I think I am about 13 or 14 socio-emotionally because that is about how far behind I feel I am compared to most NT's my age...

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2009, 9:39 pm

I'm not sure. Some times people talk to me like i am a child. It happens all the time.