How to face drunk people? In parties, social reunions, etc.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Temucano
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jan 2008, 5:08 pm

I don´t like parties. I don´t drink alcohol. I met people who share my hobbies few weeks ago. I asked them if they drink alcohol. They all drink. I didn´t offer alcohol.
But I don´t know how to face people when they are drunk.
I have a terrible memory about drunk people. Years ago, some ex-classmates made a reunion. Some classmates said very bad and false things about me. Other classmate was only saying good things about me. Other person was chasing a girl.
What to do if drunk people bother you?
When I asked these new people about alcohol, they said: we only get hilarious, we don´t want to get very drunk.
I still don´t trust in these new people.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 5:45 pm

Alcohol affects memory so they probably don't remember much. Apart from that, drinkers are boring when you're sober.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 7:41 pm

Sarcasm has it's most biting sting when they're too drunk to notice.
You can drink something, and tell them it's 'loaded', or do the 'designated driver' bit, while they remain the 'designated drinkers'...;)

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 3:01 am

I personally dont mind when people are drunk, its rather entertaining to watch them making fools out of themselves. I tend to have people more randomly come up to me which I dont mind. I just realize that there not in their correct state of mind so I just sorta go along with things, normally I drink a little but not enough to loose my mind. Drinking can loosen up me a little and not think of things that normally bother me.

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jan 2008, 5:34 am

I dont mind drunk people if they are not being to abnoxious towards me, if they are chill then all is good. I dont let drunk people come to my house I am to afriad someone will fall and break something of mine. This is why I dont let many people over.

Temucano
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2008, 7:24 am

How true are things told by drunk people? I mean, are they saying the truth always?
Can be this useful to know who really appreciate you and who don´t?

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jan 2008, 3:57 pm

Temucano wrote:
How true are things told by drunk people? I mean, are they saying the truth always?
Can be this useful to know who really appreciate you and who don´t?

Ohh jeeze... I find half the time everything that comes outa a drunk persons mouth is BS.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 3:59 pm

hmm there is a saying 'in vino veritas' which means that there's truth in drunkenness or something, but there's also a lotta BS.

The 'monster' tends to come out in drunks, everything they repress and conceal about themselves comes to the surface so there can be a truth there and in what they express, but drinkers exaggerate and lie a lot too, so... it's not a clear cut thing.

Avenger
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jan 2008, 12:57 pm

When people are drunk enough to be annoying, you can ignore them, leave the premises and go home, and within 30 seconds they will have forgotten all about you and never notice that you abruptly disappeared. I do this all the time. I'll push to a bar with all my colleagues, then play a round or two of pool as I wait for everyone else to get good and liquored up. Then I discreetly make my exit, and all anyone remembers the next day is that "yeah, Avenger was there last night." Thus I get social points, without having to suffer through too much.