Page 3 of 37 [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37  Next

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2005, 5:49 pm

I've been a fan for many years - I've read most of the Elric saga, and many of Moorcock's other books revolving around the Eternal Champion. The melancholy Erekose is one of my favourites, and Corum is well worth getting into. Other than Elric, Hawkmoon is pretty cool - the post-apocalypse version of mediaeval Europe the saga is set in is just brilliant.

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Gale
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 May 2005, 2:11 pm

duncvis wrote:
I've been a fan for many years - I've read most of the Elric saga, and many of Moorcock's other books revolving around the Eternal Champion. The melancholy Erekose is one of my favourites, and Corum is well worth getting into. Other than Elric, Hawkmoon is pretty cool - the post-apocalypse version of mediaeval Europe the saga is set in is just brilliant.

Dunc

Ah, I've just recently gotten into some of the writing involving Erekose! I'll definitely have to check out Hawkmoon because I love settings like that! You know, you'd probably really adore Neil Gaiman's writing if you haven't read any of his works before. His book Neverwhere is especially good! Digressing though, I really love the style Moorcock uses in his writing, it just has such a wonderful feel to it and his descriptions don't lose my interest like some authors descriptive writing does.

Gale

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2005, 6:04 pm

Moorcock is a master storyteller IMHO, and his style is literate yet easy on the brain. Funny you should mention Neil Gaiman - I'm just starting on his stuff. :D

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2005, 9:41 am

Hi, I'm Namiko. Well, that's not my real name, but practically everyone calls me Namiko. I'm 17 and from California, which, like Florida, is way overrated. I just recently found out I have Asperger's, but my parents have known for quite some time. Even though I'm extremely chatty online, I have a hard time on the telephone or in almost any type of social situation, including large classes (larger than 15 people).

I speak English (duh!) and can speak some Spanish. I love writing, calligraphy, drawing, science, history and being on the computer. Oh, and of course, Lord of the Rings. Except for a few close friends, most of whom I've known for several years, I don't really have a social life. I also love role-playing and my primary character is an aspie. :)

toadlessgirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jul 2005, 2:40 pm

*stands up* Hi, I'm Sam, I have Asperger's.
(forum in unison) Hi Sam.

Samantha, 18, Wisconsin
I have diagnosed AS and am recovering from OCD (after three months on inpatient treatment).
I'm a history buff, and my idea of fun is reading doctoral thesis' (or is it thesi?)
I love movies, sleeping, and reference books.
I have been described as (by some) 'hilarious', 'random', 'intelligent', 'a sweetie', and 'that one smart girl'.
If anyone ever needs advice, wants to chat, or is looking for a shoulder to cry on (no nose blowing please) drop me a line.

toodles 8O

lchadd_uk
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jul 2005, 7:24 am

Hey

I'm basically a bit of a billy no mates so if you want to be friends with me then pm me!

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2005, 1:00 pm

toadlessgirl wrote:
I'm a history buff, and my idea of fun is reading doctoral thesis' (or is it thesi?)

Welcome Sam! It's great to have you. :D

I think the plural is "theses", but I'm not sure. :?

Freyawolf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2005, 4:04 pm

Hi, I am Freyawolf, I'm 17. Nice to meet you ^.^

cowman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jul 2005, 5:42 pm

don't know if I have asperger for sure but my Dad and I have a suspicion that I do.
NEways I'm 16, Dude, livin in San Diego CA.
uhh...I dont do well in social interactions with others and I dont always notice anything that happens around me.
So with that being said, I think...I know something is wrong with me but I don't know what exactly it is.
I like playing fighting games (tekken) and card games ( YuGiOh and V.S.)
My Dad wont let me play games and wont return my cards until I find out how to stop being "wierd"
Anyone know, from what my symptoms show, what syndrome I have?

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2005, 6:52 pm

Ouch. Thats rather cruel (not giving your cards back).

What behaviors does he want stopped?

(And I'm sorry but I have no idea what dx you might have.)

BeeBee

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2005, 4:51 pm

Well, I've been here quite a while, so I guess it's rather late to introduce myself. My actual name is Adam and I'm fifteen right now. Writing is the closest thing I have to a hobby. I like fantasy novels (Usually the long and melodramatic sort- Tad Williams is my idol. Anyone here read any of his books?), anime, and manga. I also spend way too much time online, and pretty much anyone can be my friend if I don't see a reason not to trust them- which is one of the many reasons I don't have any friends. That's about it, really.

Kerrigan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jul 2005, 2:40 pm

Okey, what to write, what to write.. Hmm.

I am a 17 years old female from Norway with diagnosed Asperger Syndrome and ADD.
And also a proud geek. I am gaming most of the time.. If i am not reading.
I would like to be in contact with other aspiegamers :)

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2005, 4:41 am

Hi, I'm aspiegirl2, I live in WA State in the USA, I am 16 years old, I like to run in races (cross-country is the best; all the mud is great), I like to draw, play my trombone, I'm a tomboy, I enjoy the arts, I also love playing soccer/futbol (I mainly play goal keeper), my favorite food is chocolate, and another favorite food besides the sweet stuff is kilbasa, I also like learning how to speak German (I am learning the basics on my own in a book; since next year I will be starting to take Spanish, I think it would be a cool goal to be trilingual in case I go to another part of the world some day). My family also consists of very small people; I'm 5 ft. 1 inch. My family ancestry mainly comes from Norway (at least from my father's side).

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2005, 9:46 pm

I figured I might as well post here.

Because I can.

My name is Shani (not Shah-nee, not Shaw-nee, and not some mix of the two, it's pronouced Shay-nee. Rhymes with rainy), I'm 17 years old and I live in Rochester, NY, which is so close to Canada that if Bush does something even more stupid than normal, I can just get my jetpack ready and be in Toronto in 30 minutes. I'm pretty sure that I have AS, but I've never been professionally diagnosed. I'm going to be a senior in high school this coming school year, and I really like elephants.

I mean, I like elephants a lot. Basically, if you want a girlfriend, and you send me a really cute picture of an elephant, I'll probably go for it. Then reject you. Then feel bad, so then I'll go out with you again, but then I'll just end up running away <3

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2005, 1:08 am

I snuck into the 15-18 board just so I can say... You have a jetpack?!

earthmonkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2005, 10:59 pm

Hi. I'm Mel, a fifteen-and-a-half year old female. I was diagnosed with Asperger's in fourth grade and currently am pursuing my interests in astronomy and physics, my favorite topic being theoretical particle physics. I love to write fiction as well as nonfiction and to read both. That's about all that I can think of.

--G. K. Chesterton, The Aristocrat