Page 5 of 37 [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 37  Next

333Onfire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2005, 10:32 am

Hey everybody just introducing myself cause,this is like my second post.Ok I am Male,18,live in fredericton nb.I'm almost sure i have AS but not very severe.

A little bit about me.I'm in air cadets I play trumpet.I love History,philosophy,Literature like studing classical books and things like that(i.e brave new world was amazing)video games,musicals.

Some random stuff,I can memorize movie quotes,song lirics,comedy routienes(spelling?) so fast its kind of scary.I know the track list of every CD i own.That all i can think of right know.

P.S. You guys with writing intersts are going to hate my spelling,sorry.:(

Spencer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Dec 2005, 4:17 am

Hello, I'm Spencer.

I was diagnosed with AS last year at the age of sixteen.
I have a bad sense of humor and communicate poorly.
This includes chatrooms and instant messaging.
I am interested in various stupid televsion programs,
and psychiatry and psychopharmacology.

I am a highschool drop out. I have tried to take classes
at my local community college, but have dropped out of those
classes as well, due to my awful social skills.
I became obsessed with the french language in highschool,
and took private lessons, but soon got tired of those as well.
I then took french at the community college, but was freaking out
in the classroom too often. I then had a nervous breakdown and stopped
attending classes.

I am currently spending my days in a room with:

1) television
2)computer
3)door which leads to kitchen
4)albuterol inhalor

I spend most my time waiting for the people I met at highschool
(I did not complete my 9th grade year) to sign on. They don't like talking to me,
but that doesn't seem to bother me.

I also research medication. I have taken 32 medications for psychiatric impairments.
I am bipolar and have a feast of anxiety disorders to deal with, plus a suspected
endorphin deficiancy and perhaps a temporal lobe stationed neuro-fuck-up.

I am clearly not a very fun person.
But I can be at times! I love talking about my medications
and about the girls I had crushes on in 7-9th grade.

--
Spencer

SolaCatella
Veteran
Veteran

Location: [insert creative, funny declaration of location here]

26 Dec 2005, 10:45 pm

Namiko wrote:
Tim_p wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:
Tim_p wrote:

Random Fact: I can type, but I never use the right (=/left) shift key

You mean people are supposed to use the left shift key? I never do, it feels awkward.

No no, by /=left, I meant not equal to left, I wanted to clarify that I didn't mean right as in right and wrong. I never use the shift key on the right-hand side, I always use the left-hand one. Perhaps it's because I'm a lefty.

Hmm... I almost always use the shift key on the left side, too, even when I'm doing a capital "A" or something like that. :? Interesting theory and maybe it's because I'm left-handed, too. ;)

You're supposed to use the shift key on the RIGHT side? I always use the left-hand shift key (and I'm right handed!).

To go on...

Hullo, I'm Sola. Or Erin. Whichever you want to call me; it's not like one's longer or anything.

I'm fifteen, was diagnosed when I was eleven, and female. I have a complete obsession with dogs, but am also very interested in books, languages, and etymology, as well as mythology and folklore. I particularly like obscure mythical beasties such as the catoblepas.

I also like history; I seem to have a knack for understanding why things happen. Or maybe I'm just cynical.

Ah... I enjoy reading, especially anything funny like Terry Pratchett or Douglas Adams. Especially Pratchett. Maybe enjoy is not the right word. Perhaps it should really be 'full-fledged mania that takes most of my day.' Well, that and my computer. I also love to talk about dogs and will, given half a chance, go on and on about them.

I love chocolate; bribe me with a bit and I'll love you forever...or at least for a week or so, anyway, if it's a sufficiently large bit. Give me a life-size statue of a Great Dane made entirely out of chocolate and I'll love you. Jawbreakers are also nice. So delicious. I love to suck on food, too; I don't chew it till it's lost all its flavor.

I currently don't have any friends IRL where I live; I do have several of them back in Kansas but since I moved to Georgia last summer I have not been able to make any. IRL I can be painfully shy and will often hide in a book rather than 'disturb' someone by talking to them, which is not conducive to friend-making. Neither is my habit of gravitating to a few subjects and wanting to stay near them.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2006, 12:11 pm

I'm 18 as of tomorrow, female, Canadian, diagnosed since age 14, and obsessed with building an installation for outcasts who can't seem to find a society to fit into! My goal in life is to write novels, circulate my accurate scientific theories, get rich and famous and buy a piece of land, and then invite everyone there to help build an installation!

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2006, 8:43 pm

Hello :P

My name is Elizabeth and I am a neurotypical.

My obsessions: video games, preferably first person shooters. I wish I could play Goldeneye again on the N64, but my cousin sold it.

I don't think I have any obsessions now that I think about it.

My likes: fishing (yay), some anime (currently GTO..hehe), ultimate frisbee, watching the food network, and other things that have escaped my mind.

I'm here to learn and to make friends. I've never had any friends who were aspies (diagnosed or not), but it's time I do! :D

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

19 Jan 2006, 4:27 pm

I'm Kevin. I'm 18 and I've always lived in MD.

I have an obsession with drinking tea as well as other things. I love video games, photography, and anything to do with computers. I'm an avid television veiwer but I'll get up and out whenever possible. I'm an art major at umbc and liking it so far.

I'm into some anime and some jrock. [my friends love the stuff] I'm a huge harry potter fan and was even called harry potter through high school.

OmbooHankvald
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2006, 2:57 pm

Hi, I'm 18 and recently joined

As for my interest in the board, look further up this page to find the reply from airbikecop ;)

InZane
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2006, 9:13 am

Hi, my real name is Zain. I never imagined myself doing a public intro, but what the hell. :D I've been a bit odd throughout and self diagnosed myself as soon as I read up on Asperger's. I'm 18 years old and love cars, music, books, interesting films, conspiracy theories and discussing current affairs. I'm currently interning at a management consultancy and I'd done 5 papers of the ACCA Professional Scheme but I'm thinking of doing a BSc. in Finance. I've been rather quiet for most of my life, and now I'm trying to make up by becoming more outgoing, etc. So if anyone wants to say Hi, you're more than welcome to PM me.

Tim_p
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2006, 2:38 pm

Beau wrote:
My name is Elizabeth and I am a neurotypical.

I'm here to learn and to make friends. I've never had any friends who were aspies (diagnosed or not), but it's time I do! :D

What brings you (as an NT) to Wrongplanet?

SolaCatella wrote:
You're supposed to use the shift key on the RIGHT side? I always use the left-hand shift key (and I'm right handed!).

I think you're supposed to use the righthand shift key for letters on the left hand side of the keyborad and the left shift for letters on the right. I don't know why though.

chtucker18
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Mar 2006, 8:27 pm

my name is chris im 18 i like sports vide games acting hollywood newyor i live in howard county maryland

Aiden
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Mar 2006, 2:50 pm

hi my name is Aiden (well, you can see by username) I am 16 and I live in the Midlands in The Uk, I'm your atypical sensitive person, however shy (as I am) when you do get to know my I can seem quite an outgoing person (if your a friendly person :) ) I am very paranoid so please do not hesitate to say "chill Aiden, everything is ok".
I am an animal lover since, forever. As a child I kinda thought I was one with the animals.
I was diagnosed at 13 by a professinal, but I do not know how they knew something was "different" about me.

one more thing you will know, I never fight, I never argue, in fact I never say anything nasty. I like to be nice, its in my nature.

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2006, 3:31 pm

Hi

I am eighteen years old and live in Chilwell Nottinghamshire.

I was diagnosed with severe Aspergers Syndrome and severe ADHD when I was 14 years old.

At 14 I was put on Ritalin and at 16 my medication changed to the new drug Strattera.

My main interest in life is the Air Cadets and really enjoy going here as they accept me as a person and do not care about me having Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD.

Natalie Cobban

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2006, 2:48 pm

Hello there.

I'm Alexa. soon 16 years old and come from norway.
I'm most likely an aspie, but am not diagnsed.

Love music, and play the drums. Very interested in neuro-psychiatry.

Vinzer
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2006, 8:22 pm

Just curious, has anyone actually made any real friends through this thing yet?

Jonesh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 May 2006, 8:53 am

Hi,
my name is Jonas, I am 17 and turning 18 this summer in August.
I live in Scania, Sweden. I speak swedish (obviously), english (apparently ;D), french(some, I'm not very good at it) and japanese (For a year now approximately, though we haven't learned much ;().

I like (and train) martial arts like boxing and that kind, computers, anime/manga, games (video games and others), reading and writing, history and things like that, chess, roleplaying and parentheses ;D

I think I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was between 9-12 years old. I remember (very hazily) eavesdropping on a conversation between my teacher and my mom. The teacher said she thought I had Asperger's and some time later I was sent to a psychologist and such. I can't remember anything more though.
I remember having the symptoms of Asperger's when I was younger, but in the last two years they have almost disappeared completely.

At times I have a very cruel sense of humour, although mostly it is just weird and morbid :P
I can joke about nearly everything, nearly anytime. It is a quality I am proud of.
I am quite social, but some times I like to be able to sit down for myself with a book, at the computer or exercising.

If you would like to chat or such, drop me a line with a PM and I'll get in touch as soon as I can ;D

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2006, 12:58 pm

I am jamie,

I am 16

i have been diagnosed with apsergers acouple of time a few years ago, waiting to get it updated soon, i only found out what it mean abou 9 weeks ago now. They use to think i was Low Functionin Autistic

I have obbsession in computers, bike, martial arts and lion.

I have a few baby item but i find them useful, i have dum dum, lion babo (baby bottle) and a bib and i am happy to be me.

i have alot of 'lion time' but then i have done for a long time so....

Jammie

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>