Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

GrantZilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2008, 5:16 am

I've always been more of a night person. In fact I prefer grave yard at work because there's less interaction, and the boss is never around bugging me.

Same goes when I don't work. Like being up after hours. Never occured to me until was diagnosed that maybe because not huge crowds late at night usually.

KatieRose212
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2008, 5:28 am

I love it at night..
I often stay up all night and sleep all day!

:lol:

I do this for no particular reason, I guess just because I like it or something...

Unbeliever
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Apr 2008, 6:52 am

I prefer the night, but that may be due to my penchant for horror and my poor eyesight (the darkness evens the playing field :p).
I understand your preference to work alone, though. I used to be a porter at a hospital and was just left to do any gardening I thought needed doing, which I loved.

ignisfatuus
Toucan
Toucan

18 Apr 2008, 5:28 pm

I keep nocturnal hours as well. I used to wake up early and go for a run every day, but after taking Nardil my sleep cycle was shifted. Probably the biggest attraction for me about the night is the soothing quietness.

Apparently the graveyard shift is considered carcinogenic though. Here's a link on the study: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22026660/

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 5:40 pm

I've worked mostly nights for over a decade--- there's less of the "big-wigs" around at night and it's usually ( though not always) a bit less hectic, which is perfect for me since I can get flustered quite easily. Plus, since many people either can't or won't work at night, it means there's plenty of night shift work available to me.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 10:03 pm

I don't work, but I am a lifelong night person. My ex worked overnight stocking grocery store shelves & slept all day-which suited me pretty well, since that was when I'd be sleeping, too.

As kid I loathed waking up so bleeping early in morning, even now I still have bad dreams (full of anxiety, dread, and exhaustion) in which I don't want to get up for the classes I'm missing. Am so grateful those years are long gone and I can sleep whenever I want/need to.

mikebw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2008, 11:53 pm

I like the night. I work second shift and have worked third shift. Have to say I like second shift better. I have trouble sleeping with the sun high in the sky and all them UV rays creeping around.

I usually stay up until 2-3AM and wake up between 9-11AM.

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur3140151/ratings = My Movie Vote History

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

20 Apr 2008, 10:59 am

I love nights.
If I could, I would stay up at nights and sleep all day. Unfortunately, my mother wouldn't allow this. Right now I can't sleep anyway, so i'm currently enjoying the night as it is.