Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ramsamsam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2005, 9:49 am

How do you feel when you say something and people just seem like they're not listening to you?
Often I'm talking and people sometimes say ''Sam who are you talking to? No ones listening''.
I feel really dreadful, and I wonder why people don't listen to me.

coyote
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Oct 2005, 11:59 am

Yeah! This happen to me a lot. I've come to think that this happens when i cross the line of social acceptable things to say. I remarked that if i ask "What ?", no one answer. I just shut up and never know exactly what went wrong :roll: My memory is full of situation like that :(

ramsamsam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2005, 12:20 pm

I typically ask to many questions in class disscusion then people ignore me then sometimes I speak over other people.

sleepflower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2005, 12:21 pm

This happens to me all the time. I do not think it is intentional. Often I am talking and I just notice that everyone is minding their own business, or talking to someone else. There are two options: 1) raise your voice, or 2) stop talking. I usually do number two. I don't really deal with it; it's just that I've gotten used to the fact that I'm not very interesting, by now.

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 3:55 pm

I find that I can't really tell what volume I'm speaking at or my tone of voice - so I might be saying something loud enough for someone to hear me (I think) and in a tone of voice that suggests that they need to listen and it turns out I am speaking very quietly in my usual monatone . . . but knowing this I now know that other people are not being rude, but really don't hear me . . .

ramsamsam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Oct 2005, 4:57 pm

I get told I mumble and speak in a monotone.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 6:59 pm

I don't like it! Simple as that.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2005, 7:42 pm

This happens to me. Either that or I just get talked over.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2005, 12:08 am

It happens to me all the time, and I hate it with a passion. :evil:

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2005, 9:24 pm

I dislike it, but I can use the valid excuse that I talk to myself on a semi-regular basis. People get used to this very quickly and usually ignore me when I do so. However, I like to have people's attention when asking them questions... which I ask a lot of. ;)

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2005, 9:57 pm

I get ignored and talked over ALL THE TIME. I don't know if it's what I'm saying, how I'm saying those things, the people's general view of me, or just the fact that the people surrounding me are such chatterboxes. But in any case, it's annoying. However, I'm trying not to let it get to me, and telling myself that they're not doing it on purpose (which I honestly do think that a good portion of the time, they aren't).

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2005, 7:41 pm

I get treated like I'm invisible by men who have anything going for them but am noticed with impunity by weirdos, perverts and mentally ill males and just wish I was invisible. If I try to talk when I'm with a friend, men will ignore me and conversate only with my friend. As for talking in general, there are times when people can't hear me because I have a soft voice or aren't paying any attention. This all frustrates the heck out of me and makes me wonder what's so wrong with me. :?

fahreeq
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2005, 7:44 pm

I used to feel like a bad person because of it. Now, I've been known to call people out on occasion for it. Although it doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to...

Thagomizer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2005, 11:44 pm

nirrti_rachelle wrote:
I get treated like I'm invisible by men who have anything going for them but am noticed with impunity by weirdos, perverts and mentally ill males and just wish I was invisible. If I try to talk when I'm with a friend, men will ignore me and conversate only with my friend. As for talking in general, there are times when people can't hear me because I have a soft voice or aren't paying any attention. This all frustrates the heck out of me and makes me wonder what's so wrong with me. :?
Ha, that's what you get when you have high standards! Ten bucks says at least some of those "perverts", "weirdos", and "mentally ill" males are Aspies, or otherwise able to click with you in ways you won't wait long enough to find out. Another ten bucks says that the "men who have anything going for them" that ignore you see you as a weirdo, pervert, or mentally ill person.

I have a good pickup line for everyone:

"If you lower your standards, I'll lower mine."

ramsamsam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2005, 7:39 am

I tend to talk alot about what I want to talk about, so people just get annoyed at that I think.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2005, 3:08 pm

This has happened to me alot.When I was younger I would say something and people would not answer me.They would just giggle and ignore me.Sometimes,I will be speaking and people will interrupt me.Rude b*****s... :x

-SpaceCase :x ]

PS.When I was in 5th grade,whenever I said something people's reply was,"No comment".