Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ChristinaCSB
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2008, 1:28 pm

My boyfriend is an aspie and he curses so much it's sad. Anyone else have this problem. I'm concerned because he's going to say the wrong word at the wrong time and I don't really want to repeat what he says! Sometimes I tend to pick up the cuss words because I have a problem with Echolalia. :?

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 1:33 pm

I swear. A lot. As in, constantly. My every sentence is laced with at least four different expletives, usually because something is going wrong. Other times because I just want to emphasize! I'm from NT, have I mentioned that?

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 1:59 pm

I can curse like a sailor for the humor of it. Otherwise I don't curse for reasons other than a quick expletive for the moment if I slip up or hurt myself, or if I'm angry over a situation. I've let some fly a few times in my posts on here.

ProtossX
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2008, 2:01 pm

I curse all the time now cuz my life sux so much i just dont care about what i say

if an F-bomb comes out or oh !@#$ if i break something im gonna say it why not i got nothing hold back nemore

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2008, 2:09 pm

I swear constantly. Every other sentence out of my mouth usually will have curse words in them. When I'm really pissed off or upset about something, it's more like every other word.

Thornheart
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Aug 2008, 2:26 pm

I curse a lot. I probably shouldn't but...

Smiler
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2008, 2:31 pm

I've never cursed in my life!

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 2:35 pm

Hi there,

Me too.

Even when I feel good I tend to curse. Maybe it's the power of those words. (A cuss word= a new word for me). I like the pervasiveness of them. I suspect we (here) all do that in some extent.

Sometimes it's a bit Tourettic, maybe. Sometimes, with me, it seems like that. A sort of autistic compulsion that comes to the surface when frustrated.

Mmmm.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 2:49 pm

Yeah I do, because I have little patience for so many things! Like being stuck in traffic I curse, whenever I have had to put up with ignorance I curse, lots of things trigger it.. but do I curse for no reason? No I wouldn't say so, something has to trigger it.

MemberSix
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 2:56 pm

I find cursing rather lowering.

Unless I'm in the car, when I find it purely relieving.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 3:05 pm

Well, you know, when every f****n' other f****n' word is f**k, it kinda becomes meaningless. I swear rarely, and for that reason, it has more impact.

- Emerson

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 3:16 pm

I use cuss words a lot.

My father's social group used cuss words for emphasis (including the emphasis of positive things).
I was told by my social group (in no uncertain terms) when I was 15 that my way of speaking was (in their view) out of line, in part for being too 'formal' (not the word they used) and pedantic (not a word they knew how to use), so when I tried to adjust my speech, I deliberately included much swearing/cussing (since swearing/cussing seems to me to be the antithesis of formality).

It can be a problem when I interact with persons whose social groups do not include large amounts of swearing/cussing in their communicative interactions.

Landaree
Raven
Raven

31 Aug 2008, 3:43 pm

I don't tend to swear that much -mostly I do it consciously, and for additional expressiveness. Actually, I sometimes feel uncomfortable about doing it unconsciously; it must be something about losing one's control.

I usually find it funny when others do it, though.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2008, 5:44 pm

I do swear a lot, but I tend to either swear in German or use random words as curse words (meat and midget are my two big ones). No, I'm not prejudiced against meat or midgets, I just use them for the humor of it.

intheattic
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2008, 11:20 pm

I used to swear a lot but I've been working on it. I make small sounds with my mouth instead. :)

Avaricejx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Sep 2008, 3:12 am

I don't swear out loud much, but my inner monologue tends to be pretty foul.