Does anyone else hate talking on the phone?

Page 5 of 11 [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

WintersTale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2008, 5:45 pm

I hate talking on the phone, I always come off extremely nervous, flat affect, and boring.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2008, 3:17 am

If someone I know rings me, I am okay, but I just cannot pick up a phone and dial it. I can't call anyone other than my Mum, Dad or brother and trying to do so brings me out in a sweat. I find phone communication sooo difficult (keep having to say 'what did you say?')

darkwhispersdale
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Sep 2008, 9:56 am

I hate the phone I always tell my friends my phone is broken (it actually is now many of the files are corrupted :roll: ) and I can't hear the ringtone or feel it vibrate.

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2008, 4:19 pm

I used to hate this, too, but once I met my best friend, I started to like talking on the phone.

I still don't love it, but it's okay now. :)

Tailchaser's Song" by Tad Williams

Shivani
Raven
Raven

13 Sep 2008, 8:26 am

I hate talking on the phone.
I will very rarely answer it.
If I am forced to answer the phone I feel angry.
I am better using the phone and calling people when it suits me, rather than people calling me.
I don't handle that well at all. :roll:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2008, 9:46 pm

Reodor_Felgen wrote:
I usually like talking to people in real life, but I hate talking on the phone--regardless of how nice the person I'm talking to is.

Yeah same, I would choose face to face any day. Sometimes I don't even answer the phone when it rings.

wilbury
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Sep 2008, 5:34 pm

i hate phones,i hate using the phone. i think its an invasion on my privicey!
i do prefer txting or people sending me an e-mail. i hate the ring of phones
anyway.

aspiartist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2008, 6:14 pm

I have always hated talking on the phone. I never could understand it but now think it probably stresses out my nervous system to have someone's voice blaring, or even whispering, directly into my ear. It's too intense. Just thinking about it makes me stress out.

Tori-kun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2008, 7:25 pm

I cannot stand phone conversations whatsoever! They're a pain in the ass. Yeah I can't read read social cues, but with no one there, there's even less to work with. the only time I like phones is when I need to call to get a ride, or ask a quick question, and just get it done and over with.

cazzie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2008, 12:15 pm

OK, i'm ok texing and email there fine. but phone i'm ok with family friends but anything also who i dont now i hate it and put the phone call off for days and just say i do but i nver do it worries me that it will go worng or i wont now what to say.

caz :oops:

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 5:24 pm

I keep my phone off the hook almost all the time. Not only do I hate to talk on it, but it has the most obnoxious ring that I can´t abide.
If someone calls me, I don´t bother to pick up the phone if I´m not in the mood. If I have to call someone, I often procrastinate for days. Whenever possible, I text.

dbouya
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Sep 2008, 3:52 pm

for years I would get panic attacks when attempting to make phone calls... and often just didn't answer when receiving calls... however oddly enough after a few minutes on the phone if I somehow got on the phone I ended up okay... I'm not sure if this is a similar problem or not but I thought it might be useful to share...

still to this day when the phone rings for the second time I start praying I get all the way to voicemail

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2008, 10:15 am

I've never liked using the phone if I don't have to.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2008, 5:55 pm

:D I love talking on the phone.

Bernadette
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2008, 10:41 am

Oh I hate it!! Most people know it so they don't call me for no important reason. Despite this I do have a cell phone but I use it only if I really need it. For example when I'm going somewhere and I suppose to be late.
I usually don't pick up if I don't see the name of the person calling. I hate to initiate calls too, except when I'm calling my parents and long time friends who I know quite well by now. E-mails and text messages are life saving for me :lol: I hate getting into long stories (well designed lies)for strangers why I was not answering, why I was not calling etc.
The strange thing is that it is easier for me to talk with total strangers (like calling a company asking for a service) than calling and answering to people I know a bit, have met or have to meet.

Bernadette
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Oct 2008, 11:03 am

I have just forgot to mention in my last reply that for these reasons I especially like messenger(msn,yahoo, im,icq..whatever you prefer) While writing I can express myself more easily and I understand intentions more easily. The only prob is that I don't like to give the address to random ppl, just my close friends and family.