Almost every e-acquaintance is the same to me....

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 2:57 pm

Is that weird?

When I chat with people on msn, most of them seem the same to me , their reactions , their 'gestures' (emoticons), their way of talking ..etc. Probably this how I am perceiving them at least .

I am unable to have a different opinion or feeling for each of the e-acquaintance, sometimes people that I know well in real life do sound on msn chat like those 'exclusively e-acquaintances' (that I have no contact with in real life) that I chat with.

Anyone feels that way or it's just me?

ManErg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 3:07 pm

It's because they are all automated responses and have not been programmed with much variety :wink:

07 Apr 2009, 4:07 pm

They're all different to me. They all have different interests, talk different, I have one aspie friend who uses random emoticons so I learned to ignore them since I know they don't mean anything. They all have different personalities. The annoying ones are the ones who IM me and then don't respond at all when I ask them a question or it takes them five minutes or twenty to answer. :x

I have one aspie friend who is judgmental and he makes judgements without even experiencing it first such as assuming aspie support groups are nothing but bitching and moaning and complaining about their problems and doing nothing to fix them or work on them. I told him it was not like that when I went to one. They were all normal people and they didn't come off as freaks. He had never been to one so how can he assume they are like that? Sure he saw that happening on here and other places he said so he assumed aspie support groups were the same way.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 5:22 pm

I like your use of the term "e-acquaintances", since virtually all people you'll meet online have the loyalty of a snake that they could never be an e-friend.

Rok
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2009, 4:08 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
The annoying ones are the ones who IM me and then don't respond at all when I ask them a question or it takes them five minutes or twenty to answer. :x

omg I know. If you're going to converse with someone, don't leave them waiting forever for a response in my opinion. I know it's only an IM, but I still find it rude.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 2:48 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
They're all different to me. They all have different interests, talk different, I have one aspie friend who uses random emoticons so I learned to ignore them since I know they don't mean anything. They all have different personalities. The annoying ones are the ones who IM me and then don't respond at all when I ask them a question or it takes them five minutes or twenty to answer. :x

I have one aspie friend who is judgmental and he makes judgements without even experiencing it first such as assuming aspie support groups are nothing but bitching and moaning and complaining about their problems and doing nothing to fix them or work on them. I told him it was not like that when I went to one. They were all normal people and they didn't come off as freaks. He had never been to one so how can he assume they are like that? Sure he saw that happening on here and other places he said so he assumed aspie support groups were the same way.

I am aware that each one of them is an individual, and every human is unique. But it's me that I can't relate or feel the uniqueness of each "e-acquaintance" , each one of them might has different ideas that fit in some group of e-acquaintances but still I can't really spot the uniqueness of each one of them.