Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

HiTech
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Apr 2009, 11:02 pm

Hi, i'm new here, just posted in the intro forum, didn't know there was a forum specifically for relationships/friendships

I am a 26 year old man, I live in Canada, and like I said in the intro post other then the crippling depression/anxiety spectrum disorders/aspergers i'm your average joe (brown hair, blue eyes, average build, etc.), trained in biochemistry and a certified clinical research associate (CRA), but currently living at home with my parents and working a crappy job in a grocery store (havn't been able to get back on my feet after being let go from a lab job)

I don't have ... any friends, online or in real life. Its been a real drain on me in life, I seem to be the type of person who 'requires' friendship/companionship, yet due to the Asperger's, i've never been able to make or keep any friends (nor have I ever been in a relationship, which saddens me). I think i'm a kind caring person, i've just never been 'normal' to others, which i'm sure most of you know is one of the largest challenges to coping with aspergers (or maybe not?)

Hopefully one of you reads this and wants to chat, you'd definitely make my day :P

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 1:39 am

Hey, sorry you haven't been able to make friends. It is tough. Hopefully you can find some online friends in here. There are people in here that I consider friends.