Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 11:17 pm

I don't want to be innocent or naive, so I try to learn as much as I can about being street smart etc.

But several people at Uni have said that they think I'm innocent or "cute". What makes them think that?

12 Apr 2009, 11:48 pm

Ask them.

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 6:14 am

probably you seem childlike and young, watch people who "know it all" and try to emulate them

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 7:18 am

People think the same thing about me....for basically that reason...

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2009, 7:44 am

Because they don't know where you hid the body.

GeomAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Apr 2009, 8:51 am

There are two reasons i think. The first is that we don't see people's intentions at first and we take things literally. The second is that we age slowly, i mean, we always seem to be younger than we are, and it makes people think we are innocent. It gives them the image of a younger person, who i ssupposed to be innocent.

And yes it has happened to me lots of times. My stepsister is 15, and she says i am like a child. It's hard when someone who is half your age tells you that.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 8:55 am

I dunno why they think I seem childlike and young, does being blunt/brutally honest and curious have anything to do with it?

sjamaan
Raven
Raven

13 Apr 2009, 9:03 am

I had never heard anything like that before about me, but a while back I went to a friend and we did some serious drinking. The next morning he said that he had always thought of me as a "goody two-shoes", and that the amount of liquor I drank reversed his opinion of me ;)

On the other hand, I've heard people say I am a loser, or creepy. The latter's presumably because I don't talk much about myself, which means they don't know a lot about me. Mystery equals creepiness, to some, I suppose...

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 9:38 am

GeomAsp wrote:
There are two reasons i think. The first is that we don't see people's intentions at first and we take things literally. The second is that we age slowly, i mean, we always seem to be younger than we are, and it makes people think we are innocent. It gives them the image of a younger person, who i ssupposed to be innocent.

And yes it has happened to me lots of times. My stepsister is 15, and she says i am like a child. It's hard when someone who is half your age tells you that.

... that time you got patronized by someone that's literally half your age ...

I honestly don't know how people perceive me but then I don't really go out of my way to associate people. I get annoyed easily and do not have the time or patience for intellectual inferiority. Because of this I tend to have problems dealing with people for any longer then what I have to.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 6:40 pm

People who don't know me very well have said that I seem innocent or cute. I guess they find social awkwardness endearing? Lol. I don't think I'm any more innocent than them.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 12:22 am

I love it when people think I'm so sweet and innocent, truth is they are the ones sweet and innocent. Wait until I tell them about the Marathon Man...

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2016, 10:55 am

I know people sometimes think me innocent because I don't go out of my way to be vulgar, aggressive or full of myself. For some reason people associate politeness and respect with naivety.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2016, 4:30 am

"Innocent" in the context of 'cute' means "inexperienced in acts of the flesh".

This implies that (they think that) you do not pick up on innuendos, never assume ulterior motives, that sort of thing.

As an example, an innocent person that is asked for coffee after a date might reject becouse it is too late for coffee or he/she might be disappointed if their date leads them to the bedroom without offering any actual coffee.

Toy Freddy the Fabulous
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jun 2016, 10:11 am

A lot of NT's think that people on the spectrum are innocent because we tend to act very childlike-we generally speak very bluntly and get extremely excited when talking about our special interests.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2016, 8:10 am

Toy Freddy the Fabulous wrote:
A lot of NT's think that people on the spectrum are innocent because we tend to act very childlike-we generally speak very bluntly and get extremely excited when talking about our special interests.

I never knew speaking "bluntly" could be associated with child-like and/or immature behavior. My parents are both very blunt, my dad is especially very brass and cuts deep but they are the most adult human beings I know o_o I am blunt too and all I know about that is most people can't handle it.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2016, 2:57 pm

Some people seem to think that I'm more innocent than I am too. I remember one time I told someone that I drink and they acted very shocked. It might have something to do with being quiet.