ALL 25%  25%  [ 154 ]
None 1%  1%  [ 9 ]
None 2%  2%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 609

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2009, 9:15 pm

:lol: I hate all of those sounds. Though I may tolerate some of those sounds better then others, they still are pretty loud and terrible noises. :P

ttqs84
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2009, 10:05 pm

those are the 3 reasons why i don't want children, babies, or even dogs!

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 3:20 am

The new neighbor's damn dog across the back alley keeps barking at night and is getting really annoying..it never shuts up....along with their whiny little girl who constantly whines when daddy cant cater to her right away or give her what she wants right away.She has a high pitched voice when she screams....Before those neighbors moved in, things were pretty quiet...now the peace has gone to hell in a handbasket. :cry:

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

michel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 3:31 am

StewartMango wrote:
"why would you post this bull come on you have gotta be the stupidest person on earth and kinda sick babies cry cuz they cant talk do you hate flowers to"

"luckly you can keep ur legs closed and leave the room the annoying child is in. You ppl are sick!! It a child you were one once too!!"

"Yes you can leave from any place you feel like i dont care were it is you are an adult right? So you are saying to punish a child if the fall and get hurt so they cry? Do you have a child? No so you dont know what it is like to have a child. Kids throw tamtrums for no reason and cant be stopped. Get over it or stay at home!! I dont care what kind of a medical problem you have you have no right to tell a parent to take there kid out of a public place. You are stupid!! !"

The last one is the worst, she says I'm STUPID because screaming children annoy me, I hope she has children with the same problem as me then she won't be as judgmental!! !

I wouldn't worry about what this person says. Obviously poorly educated and annoying herself :P

dark4181
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Sep 2009, 12:23 pm

UGH, I HATE them ALL!

I'll never have kids

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2009, 11:14 am

All 3 of the sounds listed in the poll are painful for me. Screaming babies and children on buses are part of the reason why I bought noise-cancelling headphones (as much as I'd like it if people cleared out of buses whenever I got on them, that's not realistic, so I took the option of blocking the noise out).
I've had good experiences with screaming children where children have been sitting behind me on the bus, and, as children do, have got excited about something and started getting high-pitched, and because the sound hurt, I've winced, and the parent has noticed, and instead of getting offended, has told their child to quieten down a little.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Teung
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2009, 1:27 pm

I really hate the noise of screaming children and crying babies. For example, there are these little kids who live nearby my condo, and whenever they play and chase eachother, they keep yelling at the top of their lungs and it annoys me, especially if I want to sit outside and relax in my patio. I mean, I don't have anything against them playing outside. As a matter of fact, I think it's beneficial for their learning if they play and cooperate with others. It's just that the yelling can be a bit of a nuisance.

With barking dogs, I don't always get annoyed. I do, however, get startled a bit especially if I'm walking down a street I don't know well and I hear it. It makes me feel as if I'm going to be chased after them, even if they're behind a fence. When one dog starts barking and then all the dogs in the neighbourhood start barking, I get annoyed since they usually go on for 20-30 minutes.

SingInSilence
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2009, 12:53 am

Where I work, there's a display of huge, brightly-coloured lollipops on all the counters. And the refusal of parents to purchase them for children ends in me hearing six or seven tantrums a day. Children wailing "MOMMYYYYYYYY!" is the most bloodcurdling sound I have ever heard.

Just thinking about it is making me twitch. :cyclopsani: <-Me.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 5:53 am

ALARMS. Alarms, of any type, are way worse. There's this waiting about them. Whenever an alarm is going off, I get bitchy!

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 2:54 pm

I don't know why people bring their children anywhere. It ought to be illegal or something, in consideration to other people.

I don't mind dogs barking that much, really. But children and babies, that's a whole nother story. I also dislike alarms and phones. Every time the phone rings at work, that I'm at my desk, I jump.

15 Sep 2009, 4:28 pm

Because kids are people too and they have right to freedom and have fun and that is how they learn to behave in public and if anyone had a problem with my child, I would tell them to wear ear plugs or leave if they can't stand my child playing around having fun and tell them what are they doing in the play area or in a place where they are prone to be kids such as the playground, I would wear them myself if my own child was too loud. Hey there are people out there who can't stand barking dogs or sirens or fire alarms so does that mean places should ban fire alarms or hospitals shall ban sirens on their ambulances or fire stations should ban the sirens on their trucks or have the state ban dogs everywhere and forbid anyone having a dog?

I can't stand steam kettles so should they be banned because of me? I don't get why people don't jump out of their seats to get it off the stove when it starts to go off. Doesn't it hurt their ears? I guess not. My dad told me to just get used to it and there are sounds out there that bother everyone and he told me nails scraping against the chalk board bothered him because it was really loud and he had to live with it. I just rush out of my seat myself to get the steam kettle off if the person is taking too long to get to it. But with kids, you can't really shut them up so ear plugs are the best option. But luckily I don't have that problem anymore because we don't use steam kettles and I don't live with my parents anymore or even go to their home often since I live ten hours away from them.

Besides just as long as the kid is quiet and not being loud, I don't see why people would have problems with them in public. I have seen children being well behaved in public. I can't remember the last time I saw little kids running around. I think it was back in the UK when my mother and I stopped at Burger King. My brothers and I didn't do that growing up because my mother wouldn't let us.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2009, 11:18 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Because kids are people too and they have right to freedom and have fun and that is how they learn to behave in public and if anyone had a problem with my child, I would tell them to wear ear plugs or leave if they can't stand my child playing around having fun and tell them what are they doing in the play area or in a place where they are prone to be kids such as the playground, I would wear them myself if my own child was too loud. Hey there are people out there who can't stand barking dogs or sirens or fire alarms so does that mean places should ban fire alarms or hospitals shall ban sirens on their ambulances or fire stations should ban the sirens on their trucks or have the state ban dogs everywhere and forbid anyone having a dog?

I can't stand steam kettles so should they be banned because of me? I don't get why people don't jump out of their seats to get it off the stove when it starts to go off. Doesn't it hurt their ears? I guess not. My dad told me to just get used to it and there are sounds out there that bother everyone and he told me nails scraping against the chalk board bothered him because it was really loud and he had to live with it. I just rush out of my seat myself to get the steam kettle off if the person is taking too long to get to it. But with kids, you can't really shut them up so ear plugs are the best option. But luckily I don't have that problem anymore because we don't use steam kettles and I don't live with my parents anymore or even go to their home often since I live ten hours away from them.

Besides just as long as the kid is quiet and not being loud, I don't see why people would have problems with them in public. I have seen children being well behaved in public. I can't remember the last time I saw little kids running around. I think it was back in the UK when my mother and I stopped at Burger King. My brothers and I didn't do that growing up because my mother wouldn't let us.

Screaming does become an issue regarding children if it is in a fine dining establishment where people go to have wine with their dinner and dress in their best clothes.If a child was screaming and running around a fancy restaraunt where the patrons are all business people or couples at a romantic dinner, then there certainly would be some upset people.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

CleverKitten
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2009, 9:15 am

I think parents should take the responsibility of bringing their child to the appropriate place/activity, depending on that child's behavior.

For example, if the child is always talking, clapping, making noise, being disruptive, then maybe a movie theatre is an inappropriate place to bring that child. It would be better to rent a movie and watch it at home instead. I am NOT saying that loud kids should be locked up at home all the time.

It would be more appropriate to bring those loud, noisy children to, say, an amusement park or a sports event, so they could burn off that energy. A place where people would not be so upset about having a loud person around, since everyone else is loud too.

People in a fine-dining establishment expect a certain type of atmosphere. I know I want peace and quiet, so that I can hear my fiancé talk.

Parents that know their children should be responsible enough to make wise choices on where the most appropriate place would be to bring their children.

Check out my blog: http://glanceoutthewindow.blogspot.com/

Dancyclancy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2009, 7:23 am

Really HATE the sound of Crying babies and Screaming children. Persistent dog barking drives me crazy, but the odd bark or so doesn't bother me.... Yapping dogs, however, drive me crazy.

Ravenchild
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2009, 1:55 am

I had to hit "ALL", as the two sounds I hate most are crying babies and screaming children. Barking dogs are not as bad, but can still cause problems after a while.
What is really hard to get across to people is that it is not the child I hate, but the noise.
I know a baby can't help crying but I am no more able to not react to the noise than the baby is able to stop making it! It hurts!
Most of the time I just leave the area wherever possible.
Things that beep continuously are also bad.

eroberts
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2009, 7:21 pm

All of them for me.

I walk past some dogs on the way to college everyday and when they bark I always end up with my ears almost ringing.

They're not as bad as screaming children and crying babies though, I literally can not stay in the same room as them.