ALL 25%  25%  [ 154 ]
None 1%  1%  [ 9 ]
None 2%  2%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 609

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 5:11 am

I dont have any sensory issues, however, there is a time and place for everything.I have no problem with children screaming and running around in a McDonalds, but when I go to eat somewhere nice such as Moxies or The Keg, I expect parents to respect my right to eat in peace since I paid money to do so.A parent who allows little Johnny or Suzie to run amok in such a place has no consideration for the other customers.Barking dogs are no issue to me unless it is midnight and I am trying to sleep.I dont mind children...I used to babysit my younger siblings when I was a teen.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 5:31 am

Blasty wrote:
Every day for six months, I had to resist the urge to walk to my car with pistol in hand and simply off the neighbor's obnoxious dogs on the way. Or whack them on the head with a hardwood club. Or throw them some poisoned meat. I had to deal with them barking incessantly and aggressively at me every time I stepped outside. Fortunately I was able to control that urge.

Then I moved. No more dogs! :D Now I have to deal with stupid little kids either in the road or throwing things into the road as I come home. I thought parents still taught kids that the street is dangerous? Seems like they don't give a crap about controlling their kids, but as soon as I bump one off it'll be all my fault :roll:.

Crying babies and screaming toddlers. Yep, that's another bad sound. When I hear that in a store or a restaurant, I just wish the parents had a roll of duct tape or a sedative handy. Or that it was socially acceptable for me to walk over there do it myself.

If I ever open a restaurant, there will be a dumpster next to the front door where people will be required to deposit their screaming little brats before they come in.

I hate society.

In reference to the parents of those kids allowing them to play on the road, I think you can call child protective services over that one.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2009, 1:00 pm

I hate screaming kids. They make me crazy

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2009, 12:23 am

This one time I was driving in downtown Red Deer, a bunch of teenagers were protesting something.As I drove by, a couple jumped into the road and hollered something as loud as they could while I drove by.I had my window open cuz it was hot out.They sorta screamed it and the high pitch screaming and the suprise of it cause me to almost jump out of my skin and I ended up swerving my vehicle.Luckily, there was no car in the other lane.

Solei
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2009, 4:30 pm

I hate loud sounds in general. I do everything I can to tolerate the crying babies one since they're just babies, but loud barkings and loud high-pitched screamings? I like kids, but their screams can be very annoying, especially when it's right in my ear. I don't have a lot of fondness for dogs, so... yeah. :lol:

Those aren't the only ones, though. A lot of sounds bother me, including certain types of popular music that everyone likes blaring in their cars as they rush by.

I would attribute most of it to high-pitchedness, but I've also been annoyed by very loud, but low-pitched sounds. Don't even get me started on grinding sounds/static; that's probably worst of all, though it comes very close to loud high-pitched sounds.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2009, 3:06 pm

Yeah. I get pissed by all three things. If there is a baby in the supermarket for instance, the screams echo and are even louder. Its funny though because screaming babies set off my Tourettes. I often scream louder or shout 'shut the F**K up!' although in a really weird way like kind of forced. What annoys me is that the parents get real pissy about my noisy TS and are like 'my baby can't help it... wa wa wa' and I am thinking 'neither can I'.

If I had a kid I would seriously slap them if they cried! That's why I am never having kids! I'll stick to rabbits thank you!

ginbot86
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jun 2009, 1:39 pm

I hate crying children like hell. One was right next to me at church, just screaming and crying and I felt like, "OMFG, I'm gonna punt that kid through the ceiling!! !"

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 3:20 pm

I voted for dogs because hearing a dog makes me scared (because I'm afraid of them) and annoyed (because I don't like dogs) I don't like screaming children or crying babies much, but they don't drive me nuts. If there is more sounds then just one baby or one screaming child though, I tend to get overloaded easily.
The worst for me is pure silence though. Silence is really loud for me, it's hard to explain. Usually I'll wear earplugs if this happens because they make a buzzing sound in my ear that's quite soothing. Fans are soothing to me as well.

28 Jun 2009, 11:26 pm

My husband and I ate at the IHOP in Spokane because the B&J diner had a blackout so they couldn't cook any food so we went to another restaurant to eat. We were both sitting down looking at our menus and I was playing my video game and then this family comes in and sits next to us in the next booth and their baby is crying. It bugs me and I am thinking why don't they bring him to the front of the restaurant like they are supposed to? So I just ignore the crying wondering if the parents are going to do their fricken job and then I was so happy when one of the employees came and handed him them crackers to give to their kid. I was like "Thank you, finally."
I think the employee did it to shut the kid up because he didn't want the any of the customers to get upset.

28 Jun 2009, 11:29 pm

Jellybean wrote:
Yeah. I get pissed by all three things. If there is a baby in the supermarket for instance, the screams echo and are even louder. Its funny though because screaming babies set off my Tourettes. I often scream louder or shout 'shut the F**K up!' although in a really weird way like kind of forced. What annoys me is that the parents get real pissy about my noisy TS and are like 'my baby can't help it... wa wa wa' and I am thinking 'neither can I'.

If I had a kid I would seriously slap them if they cried! That's why I am never having kids! I'll stick to rabbits thank you!

Of course they can help it but they just don't have the cognitive ability to understand they can't make loud noises in public places. As they get older, you can tell them to stop it and tell them why and threaten them with a punishment and bam they stop because they have the cognitive ability to understand their actions and your words.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2009, 3:42 am

Today at work, I was doing a price check in the produce section of the store where I work...this 3 year old girl was screaming REALY LOUD as I was walking by after getting the scan code and the volume she was crying and screaming at was almost enough to make me want to put my hands over my ears and yell, but i just held my breath and quickly proceeded to the tills to avoid that from happening. :cry:

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2009, 6:18 am

I was talking to a support person today and needed to be able to discuss with her. We sat outside to avoid a screaming baby (They follow me, I swear. Stupid babies.) and ended up sitting near a dog who kept yapping at a skull piercing volume and derailing my train of thought many times. :x Very upsetting.

Then I went up to the supermarket and there was another dog barking there. Wouldn't shut up when I talked to it, and it got all shirty when I tried to pat it to make it happier. Was still barking when I walked into the shop. :roll:

Normally I like animals, but it makes me really angry and tense when dogs make a lot of noise. Stupid dogs. When I get a pet, I'm having a cat instead.

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2009, 6:39 pm

Well dogs don't really bother me anymore, I am getting a black Labrador hopefully soon.

As for children SCREAMING, it makes me suicidal, I live across the street from a baby and a 3 year old, but I like the baby because she's SILENT!! !
I HATE the 3 year old, he screams too much, plus I HATE kids.

I also feel sorry for that guy in Georgia that slapped the brat, because he wouldn't STOP SCREAMING!! !

www.stewartmango.com

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 6:53 pm

For me, it's diesel train horns (living near the railroad tracks doesn't exactly help things), and loud preaching at Pentecostal church services.

This is why I'm Lutheran.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

07 Sep 2009, 7:56 pm

StewartMango wrote:

I also feel sorry for that guy in Georgia that slapped the brat, because he wouldn't STOP SCREAMING!! !

Anyone who sides with child abusers or feel sorry for them creep me out because I think they are just as bad as them.

Last edited by Spokane_Girl on 07 Sep 2009, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 8:45 pm

Screaming kids really drives me nuts especially if it hits that range that is painful to me. Barking dogs does not bother me that much, nor babies that make that "hospital-newborn" type of crying.

There was a person who could sing opera who sang something one time and it was acutely painful when she hit the really high notes.

There's other noises that annoy me, including when my brother cracks his knuckles of his hands or toes.