Page 5 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 10:10 pm

Besides my wife, I have no friends. I also have no contact with any of my family.

Occasionally, I think it might be nice to have some friends and try, but to no avail. I just can't find anyone I can connect with or understand. I'd rather have none, then a person I just don't get.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2009, 11:32 pm

Francis wrote:
Besides my wife, I have no friends. I also have no contact with any of my family.

Occasionally, I think it might be nice to have some friends and try, but to no avail. I just can't find anyone I can connect with or understand. I'd rather have none, then a person I just don't get.

At least you have a wife. Many of us feel that even that option is far outside our reach.

SplinterStar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2009, 1:07 am

I have 2 friends but i tend to get unglued from reality and begin just seeing them as walking bags of skin like myself. They get sick of me fairly often but if i didn't hang out with them as much, they drift away quickly and then i'd be alone again just like elementary school and highschool and college, and work, and church, and... well you get the idea. I'm usually as desperate as most poeple here.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Jul 2009, 5:24 am

I guess I would have to say I don't really have any friends since I've been out of high school. Not that I had many in school but I usually had some sort of acquaintance when I actually went. Every friendship I ever had just seems to come to abrupt end either from some sort of falling out or just because I didn't pursue the friendship elsewhere from than the initial place of meeting.(Such as having a class together) Going to a bunch of different schools and moving a lot certainly doesn't help that.

I just don't know how to preserve a friendship.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 8:24 am

So true, Bataar! I envy so much those people who complain "I have no friends except for my spouse". I guess friendlessness is a relative issue.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 8:40 am

Quote:
Is anyone like me with 0 Friends

i do not have any real friends. i have 3 people that come around at different times.

1. tammy. she is my apparent girlfriend, but she has an iq of about 70 so she is not interested to hear my words or know my feelings. she just wants me to be a new (young) father to her who will feed her and give her a warm bed. she comes here at 7pm and stays until 10am the next morning and then she goes home in a cab i catch for her. this happens once every 2 weeks.

2. peter. he comes around to talk for about 3 hours (until i get sick of it) once every 3 weeks.

3. sonia. she is a mess and she calls me every few months to ask for money, and she comes here to get it, and that is all the exposure i have to her.

so i do not have any friends, but i am not like anyone else, so i am not like you

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 9:18 am

There is one girl I still know from school, but we don't talk that much. I don't really have any friends.
I'm not married.

pekkla
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jul 2009, 5:02 pm

No friends that I can count on. The closest I come to having a friend is a nice man in his 60's who lives alone and walks past our house once a day or so. We occasionally talk while I'm in the front yard. I am married, but my husband is not my friend. He is sneaky, competitive, controlling, and I haven't confided in him in years. I'm so lonely. I have two kids but I am their mom, not their friend.

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2009, 9:53 pm

Quote:
So true, Bataar! I envy so much those people who complain "I have no friends except for my spouse". I guess friendlessness is a relative issue.

Mine wasn't a complaint. I've been blessed with a beautiful wife and I don't really care to have friends. I don't think the rewards are worth the work and stress. No complaints.

I think it's may be more of a catagorization issue then a relativeness. The OP asked do you have friends, but the replies seem to be focusing on three different groups of people; friends, family, and spouses. I see these as three distinct groups of people (plus there are also acquaintances and strangers.) If one studies peoples interactions with these different groups of people, you'll see they do belong in distinct groups. People treat friends differently then they do spouses, then they do family, then they do strangers, etc.. So when the OP asked do you have friends, I can say no, even though I may have a spouse. Its a different group. Or I can have a spouse and a family I interact with, but no friends. Or maybe I just over analyzed this whole thing. Not too shocking, I over analyze everything..

There probably is a relativeness too when one tries to decide when a acquaintance becomes a friend. So there probably is a relativeness factor also.

Sorry for the confusion I may have caused.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2009, 2:45 am

You were right with your answer, of course. One thing is friends, another is a spouse, even if your spouse can be a friend too. I reacted the way I did only because it SOUNDS, to someone who doesn't have friends nor a partner, like you're lamenting you don't have a bycicle when you own a Rolls Royce. :)

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2009, 3:15 am

I have many casual friends and acquaintances, but I no longer have a close group of friends that I can hang around every day at Uni.

I feel a bit lonely, that I feel like I need to know somebody deeply. But then I also feel relaxed in that I can spend more time doing what I actually want to do (instead of creating trying to create rapport, empathy or whatever social connection there is with people that I don't have much in common with), and more flexibility in who I can talk to.

Moose1132
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2009, 10:25 pm

I would say that I don't have any real friends. The closest person I have to a friend is an ex of mine. We've both agreed that we wouldn't work out as a couple and are better off as just friends (it's a much longer story than that, but that's where we're at now). I get and receive texts from her every now and then. I'm just not really sure how to go about asking her to do something or hang out. I haven't seen her since we broke up back in Feb.

Then there's this group I joined on a meetup site. Most of the people I've met there are really nice, but I'm having a hard time actually becoming friends with them and doing things outside of the group's meetings.

Another big problem for me is that most people my age seem to just be interested in going out and getting so drunk they develop short term memory loss. Not exactly my idea of fun.

Macgumerait
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jul 2009, 2:45 pm

When all is said and done, I would say I qualify as a 0-friend person.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 3:31 pm

Zero-friend here.

I just had casual friends and acquaintances.

I suck.

t55
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2009, 5:10 pm

For a awhile i used to no friends. But i remember i got some in grade school, then lost them.

I went thought the entirety of middle school without friends, high school is different. I actually got one friend whom also had autism. I still interact with him occasionally, but I still would "claim" that I've had no friends for a good deal of my life.

Brandon-J
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2009, 2:15 am

i_wanna_blue wrote:
Yes, I have 0 friends. :( But in truth I rather have 0 friends than be around people who mistreat me and take advantage of me. In my life I've figured out one thing. Having a genuine 'friend' is almost impossible. A friend and someone you know are two completely different things.

I feel on that that. I also have 0 friends. I though I had a friend but he was just using me. Not having any friends sucks. I don't even have anybody in my family to talk too because I never got to know them. Plus I have poor communication skills.