Wanted: Parents to interview about HFA/AS kids in school

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 3:03 pm

I am doing a paper about aspie/HFA programs and the need for them in school so I am looking for parents to interview (because thats how I am going to do the paper.) The kids can be in any program but if there just in gened bad experiences would be helpful (I know Im mean but I need to find stuff to prove my thesis.) Well I want to do it over email so if you could type it up here that would be great :).

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 3:08 pm

Okay, to recap.

If our child is in spec ed, you want to do an e-mail interviews. If our child is in general ed only, you want us to PM you about bad experiences in general ed.

Okay....

Should we PM you our e-mails or what?

Also, that's a pretty iffy way to write a paper, ie only asking for one side to prove a point. Now, if the point was bad things do happen, well sure they do, but I certainly hope you don't plan on saying something like "I got four responses and they were all terrible therefor I concude, general ed sucks for Aspies."

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 3:15 pm

Okay first off I want all emails so feel free to pm them to me, and agreed so Ill take all perspectives its just harder to interview people with totally positive experiences.

Any ideas for questions to ask would be helpful to :).

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 3:18 pm

LOL!

Enders! Why don't you just ask us to write the paper for you! LOL!

Okay, tell us more about the assignment? Then we can help you think of really good questions.

BeeBee

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 3:29 pm

Sorry :oops: I just know I did horribly in journalism and this is just like it and I just want to make sure that I get all needed info. Anyway the assignment basically is totally free form whatever were interested in and for pretty obvious reasons this was the topic I chose so basically Im just going to look at aspies all through the continum (from totally intergrated, to pull-out programs, to "center" schools/segregated (not sure if thats the right word) programs) and look at there successes or problems in each area, that sound good??? Well anyway sorry about asking for questions Im just not good at this interview stuff.

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 3:35 pm

Oh no, its fine. It just read oddly.

When is the assignment due?

14 Nov 2005, 3:43 pm

oh its due Th and I should try to at least interview 3 seperate people (as Im supposed to have 5 sources min and I already have 2 noninterview sources.)

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 3:47 pm

What is the point of the noninterview parts....I mean, what do they discuss. They will probably drive your paper so you need the interview questions to mesh with them.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2005, 5:02 pm

one covers the problems in school and the lack of place for HFA/AS to have there schooling and another covers an aspie program in Seattle (also if you know any programs that have sites that would work great to.)