Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

NYAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2005, 7:39 pm

I remember one time reading a thread about emplyee evaluations, and I figured I'd share mine, since I had mine today.

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
BE (Below expectations):
Communicates effectively w/team members, amangers and third parties
Uses good judgement and analytical skills

ME (Meets expectations):
Honest and ethical in business activities - internally and externally
Shows flexibility and willingness to adapt to change
Works effectively during periods of pressure and stress

EE (Exceeds expectations):
Shows respect for others

PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES
BE:
Adjusts quickly to new procedures and techniques
Displays cooperation and a team approach; works well with others
Seeks assistance when necessary
Volunteers and provides assistance to others willingly
Works independently, with little supervision

ME:
Demonstrates positive attitude toward job responsibilities
Ensures work is accurate and complete
Maintains business confidences and is properly discreet
Meets deadlines
Plans, organizes and coordinates work effectively
Puts client as highest priority
Seeks to minimize costs and effectively uses company resources
Understands and complies with company guidelines and policies

Also, I got a 2% pay raise, which means that salary raises are based on annual performance rather than tenure where I work. Any suggestions on how I can improve this in time for a better review for this time in '06 are welcome.

North
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2005, 9:16 pm

The last one I got was two years ago, and my new job doesn't give evaluations. Anyway, the evaluations were on a scale from 1 to 5. Mine went very well, I got all 4s except for a 3 in (take a guess...) communication.

NYAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2005, 8:25 am

North wrote:
The last one I got was two years ago, and my new job doesn't give evaluations. Anyway, the evaluations were on a scale from 1 to 5. Mine went very well, I got all 4s except for a 3 in (take a guess...) communication.

Well, at least you had it mostly good there. Actually, I found out that my 2% raise is a Cost-of-Living Allowance (CoLA).

06xrs
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2005, 10:27 am

I recently found out that a lot of places do a departmental raise, meaning the department gets some percentage payroll increase and its up to the manager to decide who gets what. So (in my case) if the departmental raise was 4% and the manager wanted to give his girlfriend a 6% raise, he rips me on my review so he can justify giving me 2 or 3%.

Actually, reading over it it sounds kind of made up. Since you were rated below expectations on both, apparently you don't work well with a team and you don't work independently. Since you were rated as ME for organizes work, meets deadlines, and ensures work is accurate and complete you obviously aren't just standing around occupying space.

I'll have to post my last eval. It was glowing. You would think I had single handedly saved the company from certain doom and everyone should strive to be half as good as me. I was above expectations in all areas except "performing routine tasks" (preventive maintenance) but he acknowledged that that was due to the fact I wasn't scheduled to work on PM days. Then he gave me my 2% raise. A couple of days later he said he noticed I seemed less enthusiastic about work. I thought "yeah, about 2% less enthusiastic".