What are you getting your Aspie for XMAS?/what do you want?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

GroundControl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2005, 4:38 pm

I'm getting my Aspie nephew, who's 9 a Star Wars build your own Light Sabre kit and a Star Wars Legos General Grevious Wheel Bike Kit. Last year it was all about Godzilla, so we got him a Godzilla clock and poster. He really loves video games, but I know he'll get plenty of them from other family members, and in the past, I've gotten lots of smiles from him with the gifts I've chosen, so hopefully he'll like the stuff I got him this year too!

jennyfreckles
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Dec 2005, 4:58 pm

my girl has only asked for harry potter scene it. but i have got her a mix of things she really loves braniac so i have got a few science experiments too. another programme which she really likes is how clean is your house (which i think she watches to try hinting at me to tidy and be more organised) so i am going to make a pair of kim and aggies gloves for her if i remember that is.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2005, 9:33 pm

For the littler stuff, maybe you could ask him. Maybe he could give you a little list and then you choose from that.

I don't know if your son is especially fond of surprises or whether he focuses more on the gifts. If he focuses more on the gifts, asking him isn't a mortal sin. ;)

I've gotten my mother used to asking me what I want (except she always insists on some smaller surprises though she's getting the hang of it and getting stuff I've mentioned before that I like-- but she really loves surprising me so I just let her) and for the main gift, like it sounds like you've done with your son, she gets it for me. Usually ahead of time.

But it isn't a bad idea to go to your son for suggestions.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/