Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2005, 9:32 am

I love DaVinci, hands down. He was, I believe, an AS or close to it. I have read everything about him and his art reflected everything he was thinking about. He was a loner, but brilliant in how he interacted with nature and others.

I could talk about him for days, but; you must read about him to see similarities in your and his thinking.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2005, 2:40 pm

"Art" does nothing for me at all I'm afraid..... and don't get me started on "Modern Art"..... grrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

I suppose I'd have to go with Matt Groening if I was going to have name somebody though....

Nunsman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2005, 5:59 pm

I am assuming you mean the visual arts.
>El Greco
>Albrecht Durer
>Rene Magritte
>Hans Holbine
>Jan Vermeer
>William Wegman ( he dosen't just take cute dog pictures)

And many more. I don't really have a favorite type/kind of art. Or a favorite artist for that matter. I graduated from a prestigious art school. I was very serious and knowledgeable about art in all it's forms, past and present. I can still get excited about seeing a relevent, significant, important, powerful work of art. But I rarely have that expirience in front of artworks anymore. Am I jaded? Am I wiser than I used to be? Has my brain become lazy? Have I exorsised all that "art" BS out of myself? Am I self actualized OR over intellectualized? I dunno...........

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2005, 8:01 pm

abstract, reminds me of my own little world

shivanataraja
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2005, 8:36 pm

Kahlo, Gauguin, van Gogh, hip-hop/graffiti art, some comic book art (esp Vertigo comics), Hindu religious art, some early Christian religious art, some kind-of gothic stuff, loads of album cover artwork... generally i like stuff that's broadly representative (can't quite see the point of visual art that's wholly abstract) but also archetypal or symbolic, and not trying to be too photorealistic...