Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AspieBri
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Feb 2010, 2:17 pm

I dress just like every other girl in my city, sadly. In my city, if you act different or dress different, you're likely to get run out of town by an angry mob with torches and pitchforks. I got my long, relaxed hair cut to get dreads and the insults don't stop. I got them like 2 years ago! :lol: But no seriously, I wear hoodies, sweatpants, beaters (A-shirts), and a shirt. Almost always red. Until I go on a date or family gathering or something, then I'll wear skinny jeans, dresses, skirts, heels, etc. (I hate dressing "girly" :x ) I would love to dress how I actually WANT to dress, but I can't because of a lack of confidence.....and money.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 3:26 pm

I just dress in jeans and t-shirt. The t-shirt will almost certainly have some sort of Apple reference/logo/product/whatever on it :P

Withdrawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2010, 4:04 pm

I usually wear colourless clothes - like black, grey or white - because I don't want being visible.
Jeans and too tight clothes feel uncomfortable. It's very difficult finding clothing that suit me well!
I have unfortunately no examples of clothes I like wearing.

Moony
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2010, 4:09 pm

I wear... anything. I don't really care.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2010, 5:42 pm

At present, I dress like a little kid - sweatpants in varying shades of pink or green and oversized, brightly-colored t-shirts with cutesy pictures and phrases on them. In cold weather, I wear a neon purple and pink windbreaker. My hair is just below shoulder-length, and is wavy from the lack of brushing it receives. When I go to Church, I wear jeans and a colorful blouse, as well as a little make-up.

I really hate my lack of fashion sense, and I want to dress more like other young women my age. Thankfully, next month my mom is taking me shopping for a brand new wardrobe. I can hardly wait; going out in public the way I currently do makes me feel embarrassed and ashamed of myself. My dad says that I'm "finally growing up into a young lady". I take that as a compliment! :D

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

07 Feb 2010, 10:07 pm

In warm weather it's knee length shorts and t-shirts that I like to wear. I will wear sandals or shoes and socks depending on where I'm going (for example, to the cinema vs taking the dog for a walk). I don't like skirts or shirts without straps. They make me feel naked.

In cold weather I mostly wear track pants, cotton long sleeved shirts and hoodies but if I'm going somewhere special then I will wear jeans, boots and a jacket. I don't wear heels because I can't walk in them.

My hair is usually the same everyday, tied in a low ponytail. However if I'm going somewhere special then I will straighten it and leave it untied. I usually can't be bothered doing this but everyone always says that it looks nice. :)

I don't wear any jewellery apart from my earings that I always keep in my ears. I will occassionally wear eyeliner but that's the only make up I know how to apply, lol. All in all I prefer simple yet tidy looks. I hate looking messy but tend to look casual.

masterdieff
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Feb 2010, 2:15 pm

I have curly shoulder-length hair when wet, with shorter bangs, and I part it down the middle.

I pretty much don't shave. Once in a while when I get really, uh, happy, I'll shave my beard off. I don't touch it again usually for another 4 months or so.

There seems to be something really deep about this shaving business. When I'm my usual anti-social depressed self, I don't feel like shaving or showering (this only works in the winter when I generate almost no perspiration; in the summer, it's kind of necessary). But when my consciousness is altered for the better, I spontaneously hop in the shower and shave, and actually feel good about it.

I think facial hair is an expression of how you feel towards society, in terms of feeling like there needs to be a buffer between you and the outside world. Either that, or I just don't get enough emotional reward from shaving to do it very often.

As for clothes, I'll wear whatever I have that fits me.

Not a Christian, just a thinker.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 2:50 pm

I guess i would style myself as an artsy Bohemian type....

Right now hair-wise I have a bob with longer strands in the front...I am incredibly comfortable with it and do very little to it.

I like to wear hats and have a couple of favorite hats I wear over and over again...

My style was rather clueless until I hit Jr. High and people started calling me a "dyke" because of my baggy androgynous uniform...Then I became obsessed with vintage clothes and started dressing in slighly more interesting and more feminine clothes....But often times, i was still clueless...

I have always been a "rugged individualist" even when I started dressing in a more socially acceptable manner....

I am a bit of a "clothes horse" and I like clothes that are super comfortable and that don't have a trendy mass-produced look....I like odd and vintage patterns..I like homemade stuff...I also like utilitarian stuff like army jackets....
Everything I wear comes from the thrifty store....I have an idea in my mind for the perfect clothes...and I would make it if i had better skills....

Examples of stuff I wear:
Yesterday (and the day before) I wore a
short black stretchy sleeveless cotton/lycra pullover dress with ruffles down the front and good pockets..
Knee length leggings underneath...argyle knee socks...big striped leg warmers and my winter shoes (purple doc Martin clodhoppers from the thrift store)
Over this I wore a Vietnam-era Women's army jacket (field shirt)...and this long purple silk/cotton blend buttonless cardigan...underneath the jacket...
It sounds like a lot of clothes...but it was a very sensory-issue-free outfit...for me....

chaotik_lord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2010, 7:38 pm

In the summer, I wear a short-sleeved button down shirt over a plain t-shirt with soft, light-fabric, losse-fitting cargo khakis and sandals that don't rub my feet.

In the winter, I wear the same shirts but add a soft overshirt or non-scratchy sweater over it, and loose-fitting jeans or khakis with my one pair of shoes. I prefer the winter clothes, and in muted earth tones and subtle blues.

In my mind I dress like some sort of New England in early autumn student.

I hate fashion. I keep my hair classically cut, but not too short, and my natural scruffy facial hair only needs scissor trimming every week or two.

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2010, 8:32 pm

I like gothic clothes but I can't afford to buy the sort of Victorian goth/lgothic lolita things that I like. I usually wear a lot of black, purple, and burgundy, and nearly every top I own has lace. I really like makeup and jewelry, and I dye my hair sometimes. I care about my appearance, although some days I'll be like, "Blah! I don't care!" and I'll put on a T-shirt. Generally those are only used for sleeping or lounging.

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2010, 9:36 pm

skater /bmxer style.... skater/bmxer clothes, skate shoes, skater/bmxer hats woren backwards with my long red hair flowingn though it ,winter hats high up to show my hair a four leaf clover neckleace from ameiran eagle and a white surfer bead necklace from a surf shop.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 3:28 am

mgran wrote:
I thought the OP meant "what do you call yourself," or "what is your honorific of choice"!

As in, "he styled himself a professor, but he was no such thing," or "his title was an affectation, but he styled himself such in honour of his ancestors."

Dear me, I should have been born in the eighteenth century...

That was my thought too. :)

My dress style is casual trousers + t-shirt + plain sweatshirt if it is cold. And without socks whenever possible.

The year is still young.

GreyGhost
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Feb 2010, 2:18 pm

Normally I roll out of bed and throw on whatever is clean and comfortable. I also hate makeup on my face. It makes me stim and itch my face constantly. It just feels dirty and greasy.

I normally wear loose jeans and a T-shirt. If it's winter I just throw a coat on over my T-shirt because I can't stand long sleeves on under my coat.

If I'm going out I will wear a dress and heels and be girly. But that's just every once in a while. I do really like heels but I don't like pantyhose.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2010, 4:22 pm

I normally wear shirts, jeans or sometimes tracksuit bottoms thats about it really.