My Fan Fiction/Story Work Needing Viewers

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2005, 4:54 pm

Hi, I'm just trying to find a new place for stories and characters since where I was writing to seems dead as a doornail. Anyway, before I get started, let me attempt to make it clear what my stuff is based from. What my stuff is based on, is tv shows and games such as Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, Sonic the Hedgehog, Secret of Mana, Shining Force, Vandal Hearts, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, Chrono trigger, Lufia, Dragon Warrior, Tiny Toon Adventures, Tom & Jerry, Gummi Bears, Inu Yasha, Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, .Hack//Sign, Willow, Lord of the Rings, Gargoyles, Smurfs, Ewok Adventures, and even from Bigs Ears, Small Mouse (RPG), and this doesn't include stuff that has only my own characters. At the moment, even though I have unlimited ideas (thanks to some of the weirdest dreams I have over the years) where some would say that my well of ideas is so overflowing that it could wash entire forums down river, it seems that I'm finding that I have a limited audience to a point of needing to find people that would read my stuff, and tell me that it is atleast good and they want to read more. And where it makes me feel that I am a somebody rather than a nobody.

Anyway, if you are interested in knowing more about my stuff including the near thirty personal characters that I have, please let me know.

"I'm very kind, and easy to please! I'll be your friend, if you give me some cheese!"

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2005, 7:51 pm

Hey, go for it! use this thread I reakon. I am sorry I did not remember you in the chat room. Seeing your signature instantly reminded me though.

Do you mean you make up characters of your own based on these characters and shows you have included in your post?

Do you write stories based on the characters you create?

If you write stories, would you like to put them on the sister site wrongplanet.org too to be used for projects?

ElfMan

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2005, 9:37 pm

ElfMan wrote:
Hey, go for it! use this thread I reakon. I am sorry I did not remember you in the chat room. Seeing your signature instantly reminded me though.

Yeah, I am ErikMouse from the chatroom and I do remember you from the chatroom earlier and I think you left because Alex's new bot was annoying or something.

ElfMan wrote:
Do you mean you make up characters of your own based on these characters and shows you have included in your post?

No, I mean I make up my own characters and they aren't based on anyone else's characters. And when it comes to fan fiction, I write about my characters with characters from the shows/games mentioned in my earlier post and I don't sell those. I just make them publicly available online for anyone to read for free. Oh, and if someone is thinking "how does Cloud (from Final Fantasy VII) fit with the fricken Gummi Bears?", I would have to let you know that my fan fiction is not written and does not work that way.

ElfMan wrote:
Do you write stories based on the characters you create?

Yes, I am currently writing on a story based on the characters I created and has no one elses characters. And if you are wondering, it is currently called, "The Elfstone Legacy" which is about an elf girl named Lindsey living with her stepmother enchantress, and when she finds these six elfstones in the river in the woods, she picks of feelings of truth about her stepmother and wants to leave and get far away from her. While getting as far away from her stepmother, Lindsey meets a friendly boy named Erik Todd and his sister Alice. After meeting Erik Todd, Lindsey learns that he has some morphic animal friends. And when he takes her to see the village elder about her elfstones before meeting his morphic animal friends, she learns that her stepmother has conjured up black cloaked men on black steeds that are drawn to the power of her elfstones making the elfstones cursed. To get the curse removed, they need to make a long treacherous journey to the forested kingdom of the elven people called "Rivenglen" where they must seek the Court of Elwood. The ideas for this story are basically from Lord of the Rings where I'm using "Rivenglen" and "Court of Elwood" instead of "Rivendell" and "House of Elron" to hopefully avoid problems with the names. And if "black cloaked men on black steeds" is a trademark, it is very easy for me to switch them for something else.

ElfMan wrote:
If you write stories, would you like to put them on the sister site wrongplanet.org to be used for projects?

ElfMan

Well, if I decide to put this story on the sister site wrongplanet.org to be used for projects, what kind of projects are we talking about? And if you need to get in contact with me about this, my e-mail address is [email protected]

Erik Mouse

"I'm very kind, and easy to please! I'll be your friend, if you give me some cheese!"

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2005, 11:50 pm

AWESOME story. I love it. "The Elfstone Legacy"

hahaha :lol: I did leave the chat because Alex's bot was annoying. Just not my thing I guess. But others were enjoying it so that's ok.

Put as much stuff here about what you do as you like mate!

The best person to ask about how our works will be used for projects on .org is Dunc actually, as I am not so good at articulating it myself.

ElfMan

alex
Developer
Developer

05 Apr 2005, 1:31 pm

Just write the story for wrongplanet.net. WrongPlanet.org isn't quite ready for that yet.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2005, 6:28 pm

ErikMouse

If your have some comlpete stuff that you don't mind sharing, there is a link in the left hand list on the site that says "Writing and Poetry"

Alex you did not answer ErikMouses question:

ErikMouse wrote:

Quote:
Well, if I decide to put this story on the sister site wrongplanet.org to be used for projects, what kind of projects are we talking about?

The Project site is ready for people's work and idea's. What I can tell you simply, is one thing we are planning is that people's works will go into a book. The books, be it art poetry literature and such, can be published and sold. Money raised will go toward Austism Spectrum people in the community to improve awareness and their lives.
This is only one aspect of the project site. There have been discussions about being able to sell people's work through the site too. With a small percentage of the money going toward the same as above.
There will be an avenue for those that create music, and if we can open up avenue's for other things that people do then we are ready for suggestions.

The only way that this site will be 'ready' is when enough people get involved. The best way to understand what it is about is to read the money money money thread here and the what is the purpose of .org, and to also go to .org and read the forums. Like I said earlier, I am not so good at articulating it. There is a lot that has been disscussed already and I am not good at briefing that down.

Elfman

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2005, 6:28 pm

ErikMouse

If your have some comlpete stuff that you don't mind sharing, there is a link in the left hand list on the site that says "Writing and Poetry"

Alex you did not answer ErikMouses question:

ErikMouse wrote:

Quote:
Well, if I decide to put this story on the sister site wrongplanet.org to be used for projects, what kind of projects are we talking about?

The Project site is ready for people's work and idea's. What I can tell you simply, is one thing we are planning is that people's works will go into a book. The books, be it art poetry literature and such, can be published and sold. Money raised will go toward Austism Spectrum people in the community to improve awareness and their lives.
This is only one aspect of the project site. There have been discussions about being able to sell people's work through the site too. With a small percentage of the money going toward the same as above.
There will be an avenue for those that create music, and if we can open up avenue's for other things that people do then we are ready for suggestions.

The only way that this site will be 'ready' is when enough people get involved. The best way to understand what it is about is to read the money money money thread here and the what is the purpose of .org, and to also go to .org and read the forums. Like I said earlier, I am not so good at articulating it. There is a lot that has been disscussed already and I am not good at briefing that down.

Elfman