Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2005, 10:04 pm

It doesn't happen all the time, and it's only started recently, but sometimes I'll visit the forums after being away for a few hours and all the new post indicators will be unlit, even if there were new posts since my last visit. The "View posts since last visit" feature also tells me there were no new posts, so I'm forced to check the timestamp of all the posts to tell which ones I haven't read. Also, if someone posts somewhere once I'm on the forums, it lights up and stays lit until I read it, as it should be. It's weird.

Mozilla Firefox 1.0.2, cookies and all enabled. I haven't had this problem with any other forums.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2005, 11:17 pm

This doesn't happen to me on the computer that I usully use at home. But there are certain days when I go to my mum's office after school. The planets don't light up on my mum's computer. It's not a huge problem for me because I usually don't use that computer, but when I do it's just a slight annoyance. Both computers use Mozilla, so I have no clue why it doesn't work.

magic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2005, 10:13 am

I have this problem all the time (also using Mozilla). Posts show up on the "view posts since last visit" list, but then, within 1 hour, they automagically become "visited", even if I haven't yet got to them. I learned not to rely much on this feature.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2005, 2:27 am

this has started happening to me, too. a bit frustrating...

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2005, 3:39 am

ghotistix wrote:
It doesn't happen all the time, and it's only started recently, but sometimes I'll visit the forums after being away for a few hours and all the new post indicators will be unlit, even if there were new posts since my last visit.

Mine just all reset right in the middle of a visit. I wrote a post in another thread, and when I submitted it nothing happened and eventually the icon stopped spinning. I hit submit again and found two copies of my post, so I deleted one of them. When I went back to the index everything was marked as read. It definitely looks like a server problem.
This all happened just minutes ago, if anyone has access to the logs and wants to check it out.