I don't play any but I don't hate sports. 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
I don't like sports @ all! 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
I don't like sports @ all! 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 54

iamlucille
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2005, 3:34 pm

does anybody else here play sports for a team or just in spare time? i think it would be a fun thing to talk about because sports deal w/ communication a great deal of the time, but it's not too bad.

i play ice hockey, and it's absolutely amazing! anyone else wanna share their athletic outlets?

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2005, 5:21 pm

Marching band is far more important than any sports team, yet they under fund us and overfund the football team, yet we are the ones who bring in money to the school. Think about it.

WillyWebbs
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jan 2005, 8:24 pm

Hey Tamm, how do marching bands bring more money to the school. Anyways I love basketball.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2005, 3:22 am

in the immortal words of... well, me, actually...

"i am an aesthete, not an athlete."

should've been oscar wilde, should've been...

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2005, 5:31 pm

WillyWebbs wrote:
Hey Tamm, how do marching bands bring more money to the school. Anyways I love basketball.

Because we are ranked #1 in the state, and over 25 marching bands a year pay to be in our host compition, and our sports team are lucky if they can win two games a season.

eboresow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2005, 7:00 pm

I'm a 15yo aspie girl and I do like sports! I'm a freshman in high school and I play on our freshman team. I enjoy having fun with it. I'm also in the marching band and love that (and pep band). I've always enjoyed sports and I used to play all the sports like soccer and baseball. Sadly, when it gets really competitive I've seen how NT people lose the importance of having fun and just getting better (which is why I've dropped all sports but basketball).

Communication (at least in person) is not one of my strong points. So my personal goals, unlike most my teammates, have been related to that. This year I met a ton of goals. I play point guard in basketball, and so I was able to communicate very well through signs to "call out" plays and near the end I started talking on the court. (well, kind of) Even if it was only yelling "whoa" or something equally gibberish, my teammates could hear me and knew I was looking for ball or was giving them a "heads up" that a screen was coming their way. I learned the names of all my teammates (that doesn't happen often!) and I talked to most of them (sometimes in writing, sometimes verbally, sometimes in sign) but I communicated with them successfully.

In marching band/pep band I talk with my trumpet! Sorry that was pretty long.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2005, 9:44 pm

I like to run on the cross country team. I love to run and play soccer. I also like being in band; when you're in our band, you have to be in the pep band, the marching band, as well as the classical band (the classical band is spread into three groups, which are spread by ability level).

Last edited by aspiegirl2 on 12 Mar 2005, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eboresow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2005, 9:50 pm

sounds like our band! you sign up for the band and then you have to march during marching season and play in the pep band for bball season. all that while you have normal concert band stuff. but it's fun! we also have 3 concert bands (symphonic = best, concert = pretty good, freshman = beginners) weird coincidences... (you don't go to BVN do you? - prob not but I thought I might as well ask)

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Mar 2005, 5:55 am

I was never much at team sports but have a good sense of balance and enjoy many individual sports. Water-skiing was lots of fun as was ice-skating. I ran track and cross country in high school and college for a while. Today, I mostly go to a gym and thus far, can bench-press my weight. I would rather be able to do that without weighing 250 however.

Bowling, pool, rowing and swimming are also fun. Sailing is really a blast once you know how to read the wind.

Jerry Newport

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2005, 5:08 pm

I play Little League baseball in the spring and bowling in the winter. 8)