Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ida
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2011, 12:48 am

My son name is Kobe, he is five years old. I need all the tips I can get. I think other people with autism who have children with down syndrome, can give it.

My son problem are pretty moderate to severe.

1. Still not potty train
2. non verbal
3. refuse to drink form a cup only bottle
4. misbehave and spanking doesn't work.
5. refuse to use eating devices.

Kobe is in OT, Speech and every other therapy out there. The only change I see is he makes a lot of sounds now, not words sounds.
If anyone can help thanks a lot.

ida
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2011, 3:15 pm

I'm starting to think, I'm the only one on WP, dealing with a special needs child. :cry:

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 5:57 pm

ida wrote:
I'm starting to think, I'm the only one on WP, dealing with a special needs child. :cry:

No, check the parents forum. The only thing I can think of is have you tried a ABA program that uses positive reinforcement? I wish I could help you more. I've only worked with higher functioning downs syndrome kids at my church.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

ida
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2011, 10:46 pm

John_Browning wrote:
ida wrote:

No, check the parents forum. The only thing I can think of is have you tried a ABA program that uses positive reinforcement? I wish I could help you more. I've only worked with higher functioning downs syndrome kids at my church.

I had ask for ABA before, but was denied because they only offer it for children with autism.
He is doing floor time which don't help much with the problems he have. I was going to post this in the parenting section but I thought it be the wrong place, due to it say parents of children with autism. Next time I'm gonna go to the parent section.