26 May 2005, 5:58 am

Woohoo! Congratulations Civet! :jester:

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2005, 6:48 am

Thanks everyone :) . For some reason, I can't sleep, but that will not stop me from lazing about today, heheh.

Quote:
I am glad you are graduating. What
are you getting you degree in.

I'm getting a Bachelor of Arts. My major is illustration and I concentrated in English. I haven't graduated quite yet, so barring that I failed any classes (which I'm confident I didn't) I'll be graduating June 4th.

Quote:
And by the way you might want to
go to the Starship Wrongplanet
5/24/05 update. and again
enjoy some time away from school
and congratuations.

I'll check it out a bit later. My brain is still fried, and I haven't had as much time as I would have liked to read over posts around here in the past week or so.

Quote:
Why not be yourself and try to hunt a job that has something to do with cats? You seem to be infatuated with them! I am serious, think of all the excitement that'll bring to the work environment.

That would be wonderful, but I'm not sure what I'd do. I'm looking for art jobs, but I'll probably have a temp job doing retail or something just to make some money in the meantime. I would like to work in a bookstore or library, since they're quiet, and I could organize and catalog, but bookstores don't hire often, and I'm not sure about the library.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2005, 11:59 am

Ach, Ahhh. I just finished the first leg of my exams. Only 2 more to go, and then im done for this year :D

psychic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2005, 12:29 pm

Aren't there any pet's stores that need some advertisment material? signs? Or maybe cat-food companies. I absolutely know nothing about this, it is just that I enjoy it when someone gets a job where s/he can be in touch with his/her inner desires and interests. actually nevermind, I think life is too practical for me to think this way. Just a fantasy I have.

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2005, 12:54 pm

Congratulations Civet!

Fiddler
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2005, 3:25 pm

That(s great, civet!

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2005, 3:30 pm

Congrates, Civet!

Way to go!

BeeBee

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2005, 7:27 am

Quote:
Ach, Ahhh. I just finished the first leg of my exams. Only 2 more to go, and then im done for this year

Good luck!

Quote:
Aren't there any pet's stores that need some advertisment material? signs? Or maybe cat-food companies. I absolutely know nothing about this, it is just that I enjoy it when someone gets a job where s/he can be in touch with his/her inner desires and interests. actually nevermind, I think life is too practical for me to think this way. Just a fantasy I have.

Well, you have a point. Actually, I did enter a competition earlier this year to do the logo for the local animal shelter's "Walk-a-thon," unfortunately, my entry wasn't picked, though. I'm still pretty pleased with how it turned out, especially since I despise illustrator, and I had to use it.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2005, 6:45 pm

That's great, Civet!

I graduate from high school on the 2nd of June. I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm excited and a bit nervous, but at the same time I feel sort of indifferent to the whole thing as well. Transition is something I'm not very good at.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2005, 11:43 pm

Congratulations Civet! I'm sure you'll find a great career.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2005, 8:06 am

Quote:
I graduate from high school on the 2nd of June. I don't really know how I feel about it. I'm excited and a bit nervous, but at the same time I feel sort of indifferent to the whole thing as well. Transition is something I'm not very good at.

I understand how you feel, Bec. My transition from high school to college was very very rough. It worked out after awhile, though, so have faith! I'm just lucky my parents put up with me during that time. Do you have plans for after high school?

I'm worried about life after college, too, but this is natural. Right now, though, I'm just so relieved to be able to relax for a little while. Things are always so hectic during the semester, especially as it nears the end.

Quote:
Congratulations Civet! I'm sure you'll find a great career.

Thanks ghotistix :). I hope you're right.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2005, 5:06 pm

Civet wrote:
I understand how you feel, Bec. My transition from high school to college was very very rough. It worked out after awhile, though, so have faith! I'm just lucky my parents put up with me during that time. Do you have plans for after high school?

I'm going to our local community college. At least I'll still be living at home which is nice. I'm not really sure what I want to study, so I'll just be doing some general education. I've heard that the woman at the college who is in charge of programs for students with disabilities is great, and she really fights for their needs. Thank you so much for your kind words, Civet.